Washing my dog.....

Options
Trust me this is not an easy feat.......he is 100+ pounds of total uncooperative fur......so my husband has to get in the tub WITH the dog cause he is just too much for me to handle on my own...............let me tell you....this is a workout. My core is burning, my arms and legs are on fire....it is 15 mins of full on cardio.......so, I wanna log this workout....ideas???????

Just so all is clear. I don't watch my calories, I Live Low Carb, but I am curious what kinda workout is this??????

Replies

• mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    To me, this is one of those freebies. Don't log every thing you do. I could log waking up and dragging myself out of bed to go to the restroom, that's a workout in itself, but don't. Log an actual workout, a planned event that you're actually doing something for physical fitness.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt log it
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    To me, this is one of those freebies. Don't log every thing you do. I could log waking up and dragging myself out of bed to go to the restroom, that's a workout in itself, but don't. Log an actual workout, a planned event that you're actually doing something for physical fitness.

But I logged a day of fishing.....I stood in that fast water for 6 hours 1 day........I didn't do it for fitness I did it for food/sport.......but it was over 1400 cals burned.....just curious what the cal burn is.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a freebie usually anything I do thats part of daily life..cleaning etc I dont log..but if you plan to log it I would say about 150-200 cals
  • BrandiPants
    BrandiPants Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you want to log it, you could log it at cleaning-vigorous effort. I think that should count.
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    I know just how you feel, nearly killed me bathing 7 dogs last week although they are all smaller than yours felt the burn just as much as an hour of fast swimming but sadly no idea how many calories burned probably as someone suggested with housework. Bet you were as wet as I was after hehe! :laugh: