Goal: Chin up (pull up)

Options
2»

Replies

• brianyeager
    Options
    I started out not being able to do one. I never did assisted or cheaters. I just kept working on biceps and doing lat exercises (i.e. dumbbell rows). I tried a chin up every time I worked out until, one day - I got one. It took months. Then, two and so on. Now, I pop those bad boys out up to 15 reps. Just keep working. It feels awesome. I have two friends that have started working out with me. Neither could do one a month ago. Now, they both are at two. Just keep trying.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    In because I can't do more than two decent chin-ups at a time.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    in for the videos/sites to watch/read later (just about everything is blocked at work)
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I totally resemble the OP -- a pull up/chin up is one of my goals, too. I'm a few months into being on board the strength training bandwagon, but when it comes to pulling myself up from anywhere, I suck. In fact, I just started trying to do inverted rows, and it was a miserable failure. I could only haul myself up a few inches. I decided to just keep trying to do a few at the end of each strength workout. I assume that if I keep trying, eventually I'll make it.

Good luck OP and to everyone else! Slow and steady wins the race; we'll get there eventually.