Need male opinions and advice!

Options
barefootbabe
barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
If any guys can help me out here, that would be great!

I've started seeing a guy and we are currently planning a weekend away in a local wine region. We've never been away together before. It will involve beautiful vineyards, amazing lazy lunches, and a cozy B n B smack in the middle of a winery.

Here's the thing... I am stalled in my weight loss and still 20 something pounds away from my goal. I'm feeling really nervous about, um, the more intimate aspects of the weekend as this is a new step for us. I'm generally a pretty confident girl, but I am having these horrible premonitions that the clothes will come off and he'll run for the hills! Not to mention the lack of makeup! :laugh:

Can any guys (or women too, if you have any advice!) chime in please and give me your perspective? Something along the lines of "all men go blind when on weekends away so you don't have to worry" would be a great start :smile:

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My husband said don't think.....just do. Basically he said we women over analyze things. If he is with you now, planning this big weekend, the last thing he is worrying about is your makeup or your 20 extra pounds that quite frankly he is probably clueless you are trying to get rid of. Enjoy yourself. If he is not into you now.....and runs for the hills then....well he is crazy!

Hope that helps....

I say GO GET IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what she said...

Regardless of how "wonderful" any guy is, we all think with our units. So if he has agreed to go on this little trip, then he has already decided that he wants to have sex with you. Believe me, you have way more of an issue with it then he does. (unless he's some kind of ultra perfectionist sociopath or something)
  • adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it and you'll have a great weekend. We don't all go for glossy mag thin airbrushed girls, the more natural make up less image can be attractive as can not being stick thin or super toned. Good luck and enjoy! Alan.
  • DanL66712
    DanL66712 Posts: 135
    Options
    Don't worry about it! He's probably just as nervous as you are about the whole getting in the buff thing :wink:

He's already going out with you, so he must find you attractive already, so it really won't bother him and it shouldn't bother you either. Be comfortable, enjoy the weekend and worst comes to worst, have a glass of wine before...bed time... :-)

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes...but not in toooo much detail please!
  • barefootbabe
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone for responding! I didn't even consider the fact that he's probably bit nervous about it all too, so that's a good thing to keep in mind!

Thanks again, and I will definitely use the fact that we are at a winery to my advantage!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sifu33
    sifu33 Posts: 34
    Options
    its all been said, but I do think women r far more worried about their bodies than men, when you look in the mirror you see all the things you hate and have disgust in your eyes, men look in the mirror and see, sexual chocolate. So, go on the weekend, dont worry, you are beautiful and keep that in your mind and you will shine with the elegance you crave
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, Don't think you've got anything to worry about !
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    Just relax but be a little careful about setting yourself up. Don't start talking about your diet or weight goals and DEFINITELY don't ask pointed questions about weight and body image. Most men, when asked, tend to either answer those kinds of questions very critically or try to be evasive (which comes out even worse).

Enjoy the moment and the surroundings and let good things happen. They usually do!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Go and have fun. You already have his interest. Take it up a notch and enjoy yourselves! Watch the wine...don't let your nerves dictate an over indulgence. Do yourself a favor and take off any makup before sleeping! No need to scare him waking up next to a raccoon! Don't forget to log your umm... exercise... :wink:
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, men can already guage what you look like naked even when wearing clothes. So he's already excited to go with you! I wouldn't worry about a thing. He likes you, you like him, just have fun! Don't think too hard about anything.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    He is absolutely just as nervous as you. Stop worrying about yourself and think about how to make him feel at ease. Make him feel sexy and he'll do the same for you and you'll both come running back for more.
  • adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Barefoot Babe,

Don't forget to let us know how it goes.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's all about how you act. Don't buy in to the "we all think with our junk" comment, frankly, we don't, or at least, I don't. It's about atmosphere and attitude. Go in to it relaxed, don't be nervous, be free and fun, he'll do the same. Rockinmom has it down, we've already fantasized about how you look naked, and by the time it gets to the point where we're in that position for it to happen, we're psyched and excited. Have fun and relax.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. you are gorgeous, get up that morning look in the mirror and do therapy. Say "I am gorgeous 3 times" and if he really likes you and things are meant to be then they will be. If not then you will know and say you kissed another frog to get you closer to that Prince. Have fun!!!! Go with what the moment brings.
  • Vic0180
    Vic0180 Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't worry about it... Trust me if he's agreed to spend the weekend with you in such a romantic environment he's not gonna care about a few extra pounds you maybe trying to lose. Plus he's probably more nervous than you are about this whole trip... Be happy and have fun :smile:
  • barefootbabe
    Options
    Thank you again to everyone who took the time to respond!

This trip was his suggestion and he has planned it all out, but turns out that we couldn't book in until late October, so I've got a few more weeks to tone up a bit! I will be sure to let you know how it goes :smile: