How should I log all this during vacation?

Options
Man, I am gonna feel the burn next week. I plan on taking my hand weights with us on vacation so I can still do my 30DS video because I will be on the second week of level 1 and I don't want to miss anydays. We will be at the amusement park all day walking around ( I don't ride the rides, I sit with my 18 month old) and walking around the water park for 2 days and the Zoo for a day. We will be there about 6-7 hours. So my question is this, how would you log all of that? I will pack our lunches so we won't be eating fast food and we will have dinner out at night. Do I need to eat extra to compensate for all the walking?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you'll be power walking around an amusement park so the calorie burn would be minimal. Just chalk it up to a great time and don't worry about compensating for it. Life isn't always about eating more.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation..............
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Do you use a HRM? I will be on vacation next week. I am packing my scale (yes, I weigh in daily), my weights and my 30ds dvd. I am going to wear my hrm at the amusement park so get an accurate calorie reading
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I wouldn't bother logging. Go, have fun, and take the mental break of thinking about diet and exercise!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I just got back from 6 days at Disney World. Didn't log anything and lost 1 pound. Just don't overdue it. Enjoy the vacation!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    enjoy your vacation.

leave the scale at home.
  • MrsKiss21
    MrsKiss21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been really good lately though about what I am eating and exercising everyday, and I don't want to fall into old habits.
  • MrsKiss21
    MrsKiss21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you'll be power walking around an amusement park so the calorie burn would be minimal. Just chalk it up to a great time and don't worry about compensating for it. Life isn't always about eating more.

I didn't say life was about eating more. I simply asked if I needed to compensate for the extra walking. I already eat below what I should. Plus I will be doing 30DS every morning of vacation.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    There is a phone app for logging calories and you could use the walking dog at 3 mph for your walking pace (just walking the toddler or stroller :) ). You will feel happy that you still do your 30DS if possible. You will be walking many hours, so you should burn quite a few calories. Remember to drink a lot of water. You can do this without too much hassle. Go for it!
  • Mokey41
    Options
    Do you use a HRM? I will be on vacation next week. I am packing my scale (yes, I weigh in daily), my weights and my 30ds dvd. I am going to wear my hrm at the amusement park so get an accurate calorie reading

Your HRM won't be accurate unless you keep your HR significantly elevated all day long. They are only meant to be worn during steady state cardio like running and give greatly exaggerated numbers if you're just walking around or sitting on rides.
  • Mokey41
    Options

I didn't say life was about eating more. I simply asked if I needed to compensate for the extra walking. I already eat below what I should. Plus I will be doing 30DS every morning of vacation.

If your diary is correct you probably should just eat more in general. You're under eating most days and not eating well even with what you are eating.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation..............
    This one. Unless you go absolutely crazy (which if you're packing meals it doesn't sound like you will do) you'll probably be fine. Just enjoy. I never log on vacation.
    I simply asked if I needed to compensate for the extra walking.
    In that case yes. Compensate with ice cream.
  • Kristine7813
    Options
    I would record it as slow walking. Like 2.0 mph and then guesstimate the actual amount of minutes you truly spent walking..