Any pregnant women on here?

Options
Hello,
I am 5 months pregnant and interested in meeting other women on here who also are pregnant. I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday and he told me if I continued the path I was on I would be gaining 40 to 45 lbs during my pregnancy and would be delivering a big baby. So, I decided to use MFP, again. I used it last year and it helped me lose 45lbs. This time around I'm not interested in losing weight, but to help me keep track of what I am eating and not to eat too much. Anyone else doing the same thing? Also, it would be nice to find a group of women to support each other now during our pregnancy and also to support each other later when we will all be doing our best to lose the baby weight.

Replies

• slcomb
    slcomb Posts: 4
    Options
    me! I am 15w4d pregnant. I have been using MFP since my very first OB appt. My OB wants me to not gain too much, so I have been using MFP to track my calories. The added bonus, which I am beginning to appreciate even more than counting calories, is tracking my vitamins and nutrients. Using MFP showed me that I was not getting even close to enough protein (thanks to no lunch meat/ prepared meats). It also showed me that I not hitting my recomendation for iron on most days.

Anyway, good for you! It's hard to keep eating in check while you are pregnant. YOu have the internal tempations from the cravings. Then you have every well meaning friend and family member trying to pass you cookies and cakes and stuff telling you, "eat up, you're eating for two!!"
  • slcomb
    Options
    Oh, and PS, I DID gain 45 lbs with my first child. Trust me, that is no fun!!!! I am determined not to be in that boat again.
  • lisasjen
    lisasjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant, there are some pregnancy groups on here too. I'm also trying to curb my pregnancy weight gain. I gained over 60 with my daughter, I had no trouble losing it but this time I'm 3 years older and will have two kids in tow. I'm concerned that It will be hard to lose. I am trying to gain less than 25 lbs pounds but I'm only 21 weeks and I have already gained 15... at least 5 of it over the last 2 weeks...
  • lisasjen
    lisasjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

Here's a group I joined but I haven't been active on it yet.
  • dsenefsky
    dsenefsky Posts: 1
    Options
    me! (: i'm 30 weeks and have gained about 25 lbs. i lost 60 lbs before i got pregnant and have continued to track my calories just so i keep in the habit, and hopefully don't gain TOO much (:
  • lonniebeck4
    lonniebeck4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also pregnant with my first! I am 20 wks, I have gained approx 4 lbs. Is this normal? Am i gaining too much too quickly? I know that the third trimester you end up gaining alot. My goal is to stay under 25 lbs. How many calories are all you ladies tracking?
  • slcomb
    Options
    Lonnieback,it kind of depends if you started out overweight. Did you? If you started at a normal weight, that sounds a little low. What has you OB said? I think my OB would yell at me if I was that low. They wanted me to gain just a couple in the first trimester, then .5-1 lb per week the second trimester. I started a little overweight so they want me to shoot for ~15 total
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    This is a great site for pregnant women. It's helping me keep the pregnancy gain in a reasonable range. According to my doctor I should gain about 25 pounds, give or take. I'm also hoping the constant exposure to my friends' new exercise challenges will make me push the envelope after I push the kid out. (I know, I know--we're pregnant, not dead. But I'm not starting new training programs at this time. I'm just doing some maintenance exercise.)
  • HollyAnn_
    HollyAnn_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I just posted this topic in the introduce yourself

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1035579-fourth-pregnancy-lookin-for-a-few-new-friends

I'm 13 weeks in my fourth pregnancy. I won't retype everything I just posted lol... Anyone feel free to add me!

I'm due Jan 6. My husband and I are hoping we can be the first baby born in the new year and get all the free stuff!! LOL (I just had a thought, is that a bad thing?? :/ )
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I just discovered I am pregnant and am due in June. I would love to have some pregnant friends :) Please add me.
    I am still about 40ish lbs over weight, I am not going to try to lose in any way while pregnant but am going to continue to track and weigh in to keep myself accountable and not eat WAY too much. I am at maintenance plus 300 calories right now so will probably gain but I am okay if I do.