a mile a day in July

Options
Someone had posted a couple of weeks ago about starting to walk a mile a day. I wanted to do this but when that was starting I had just had my wisdom teeth out and was not supposed to do any kind of exercise that weekend. I looked at the calender for the month of July and it was perfect for me because it starts on a monday and it ends on the Wednesday before I go on vacation.

So does anyone want to walk and/or run a mile a day in July? Feel free to check in here or friend me!

Replies

• pgmayer
    pgmayer Posts: 53
    Options
    Hey Jeremy,

I am just starting MFP....... I need to lose 165 lbs..... and I'll be sixty years old in a couple of weeks. 165 lbs sounds insurmountable to me so I have set my first goal as breaking the 300 lb barrier. That means I need to lose 53 lbs........even that sounds like a lot so I will need to have other short term goals..... because that will take me until Thanksgiving!

"A mile a day in July" sounds like something I can accomplish. I certainly am not ready for some of the other crazy exercise challenges I've seen here.

I've got to start slow and easy as I suffer from foot and ankle pains that I am sure are due to my weight. I just recently (two days ago) got a new bicycle and have been riding it every day, but I will need to have another exercise to do...... and walking would fit the bill at averaging one mile a day. I think I can do that so count me in!!!

Phil
    352/352/299
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to give it a shot....

I work two jobs...but I might be able to fit this in lol
  • pgmayer
    Options
    Day one........ gotta get a walk in sometime...... one mile...... minimum......

I weighed in this AM at 331 lbs.

I hope to exit July and enter August under 320 lbs.

Time to get moving......

Phil
    352/331/299
  • truckdriverjeremy
    truckdriverjeremy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    did mine today
  • pgmayer
    Options
    July 1st ..... one mile done....... yes!
  • truckdriverjeremy
    truckdriverjeremy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    3/3, so far so good
  • pgmayer
    Options
    July 2nd...... one mile done....... 2 for 2....
  • pgmayer
    Options
    I was gone on vacation for a while and was able to do my walking. I was not able to check in on the Community Discussions though. Now I am back....

So, for July I have walked on 13 of the 15 days so far .......

Tomorrow is my 60th birthday........ a good day for a walk......

Phil
    352/331/299