New Shoes are a miracle!

Options
mclgo
mclgo Posts: 147 Member
I posted a while back about constant aches and pains when walking. Glad to say I finally bought new running shoes, and it's made a complete difference. I could have walked all day!

Replies

• wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yup! If they're the wrong shoe, your legs align incorrectly (if you're pigeon toed and roll in, they'll make you roll in more and vice versa) and it puts pressure on your ankles, knees and back. People with bad knees and the like often have the wrong shoe. So simple.
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What is a good walking shoe to buy???
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mine are Saucony. But I recommend going to a good shoe store where they will help you find what's right for you. I bought good inserts with mine to battle my flat-as-a-pancake feet. We have a great store in our area, but I hear others talk about running stores.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Properly fitting shoes make a tremendous difference! My husband and I ended up going to a running store for evaluation and fitting. He loves his Saucony and I adore my Brooks and we both enjoy walking now.
  • celestep2k1
    celestep2k1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    There are 3 things on the body that keep growing as we age: ears, nose and feet!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I bought new running shoes last night because I hurt my calf again. I finally realized it was my shoes and not me. You think I would learn. I need to start replacing my running shoes every 250 - 300 miles instead of 400 - 500 miles. Makes a world of difference. :happy:
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It really is amazing how something as simple as getting fitted for the right shoe (and obviously buying and wearing said shoe) can make such a huge difference during your walks/runs.

:flowerforyou:
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Oh, it is so worth it to get fitted! I've been wearing my Brooks for about a month now and couldn't be happier. Glad you were able to figure out what you needed :happy: