Runtastic

Options
I just bought Runtastic Pro (and Squat Pro). I also have Sit Up Lite and Push Up Lite. Thing is - NO ONE I know uses Runtastic or any of those other ones and I wanted to see if anyone here used it. If so, how do you like it? TIA :)

Replies

• Dickson1525
    Options
    I use runtastic, seems ok, use it every morning and afternoon during my walks, if nothing else to track calories burned.
  • actlc
    actlc Posts: 84
    Options
    I have been using runtastic with heart rate monitor to track my running for over 5 months.
    It serves me well.
    The calories burnt seem to be close to actual # as I am losing weight gradually with some calories deficit based on the # from runtastic.
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    I use it everyday to track my distance and calories burned when I go walking and/or biking (there's one for that too) and it does okay, I think. I like that it automatically updates and posts to MFP.
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Runtastic is sort of my backup plan for runs if I forget my HRM... I feel like the calories burned are too high compared to what my HRM usually says so I use it if I do not plan to eat all of the calories back.
  • OwlJane
    OwlJane Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used it on my old phone but never had the PRO version. Since I got an Xperia I upgraded the app.

No one I know uses it so feel free to add me if you want! (Jane Morrow)

I meant to use it last night when I was on the elliptical at the gym but forgot to start it so I had to manually put it in when I got home. I have a Polar FT4 as well that I like to use all the time. Is there a way to connect the HRM to the app or no?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I downloaded Runtastic just about three weeks ago and was so happy to see it linked to MFP.

I like Runtastic and use it on my runs and any other cardio machine I use, as well as my walks on the days I don't run.

I think the calories burned is more accurate than the treadmills at the gym (for a 3 miles run in 33 minutes, there is about a 100 -150 difference on each treadmill for calories burned) or the Eliptical machine.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I use the Runtastic app. The free one, of course. lol
    http://www.runtastic.com/en/users/detta-penaloza/dashboard

Anyone can add me. I don't have anyone on it either... but I use the app every day to track my walks/ runs...
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had issues with it giving unusally high calories for a run? I ran about 5k yesterday and it said i burned 700 calories. I know it was really hot and all, but that number seemed crazy high. I ended up editing the calories it synched into my food diary down to 300 because I didn't want it all messed up.