C25K Frequency Question

Options
tc41586
tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
Do other C25K'ers only do the program three days a week? Does anyone do it more frequently?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I just restarted yesterday and I will be doing it 6 days a week.
  • p2smommy
    p2smommy Posts: 64
    Options
    I bought the Ease into C25K app for my I-phone and it only has 3 days a week.. I just finished week 2 last night...
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    I do it 3 days a week, I've wanted to do it more but they highly suggest that u stick to the plan to keep urself from injuring urself and to give ur body a rest on days in between
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The 'official' app was setup for 3 days/week, that's what I ended up doing.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im on week 3 day 2 of C2K.... Everyone highly suggest to stick with doing it 3 times a week every other day:wink:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I stuck with the 3 days a week (Tues/Thurs/Sat or Sun). There were times that I wanted to increase frequency but everyone suggested that I stick with the program as it is so that is what I did. I did not want to risk injury.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I just started this week and I plan on doing it three times a week :) It is a challenge for me already and I know I will need to do each week more than one week....which is fine! I will get there :)
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I did it I initially started doing it on T, Th, Sa but as my 5k date came closer it became more of an every other day thing so it was more like one week T, Th, Sa, the next M, W, F, Su, and so forth. Doesn't seem like much difference but it did have me finishing the program a bit earlier (not by much).
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for the 2nd time round. The first time, I tried to stick to the 3x a week but because I think I was quite fit then (I'd just finished doing Turbo Fire), I wasn't feeling very challenged. Because I was going to be starting Bridge to 10k afterwards, the last 3 weeks I doubled up runs so I did two consecutive runs together.

This time round I've started after a break from exercising, so I have nowhere near the same strength or stamina as I did then (I would really like to get Into doing squats again, if nothing else), however, I've decided to see if I can do it 5 consecutive days a week, with the proviso that I listen to my body and evaluate how I feel each morning. I wasn't able to do it yesterday morning because my legs felt tight from Monday's run and from the gardening I'd done over the weekend.

I think if you wanted to try it more than 3x a week and you felt you could, try it! I tell myself that if I feel rubbish / sore when I'm running, I can always stop and walk back home slowly. Good luck with the rest of the program!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have done it a few times and have found that the rest days do really you to keep going with the program and avoid injury.
    You can always do someting else on the other days if you want more cardio.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I do it 3 days/week - every other day. I'm only in week 2 and my calves are TOO sore to do it back to back.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D2 today. I have zero intention of going any faster than that. I'm beginning to suspect that I am not made to run. ;)
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    I completed it the first time last summer doing the program t/th/sat and wed i either walked for a half hour or road an exercise bike. I always made the last run of the session longer or added an extra. This time, I am on W4D2, I have done the same thing. I was more out of shape to start this time and my knees andlegs are killing me, so I am sticking to 3 running days for now. Iwould like to get back to 4-5 running days a week though. I started at 220 and I am down to 215. That is still alot of punishment o my knees. Like I otld my 18 year old son that laughs, try running carrying 4-5 bowling balls. The weight makes a huge difference. I said all of that to say, I dont think 3 days alone are enough personally but everyone is different. Do what you can, its more than you might have been doing before :)
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to jog a lot, so the first 2 weeks were really easy. I did the first and second week in about a total of a week and a half. I am doing a 5k (with intervals) tomorrow, and then i will get back to the program on Friday. I will keep progressing faster than it says, until my knees start to hurt. Running is horrible for your knees, but I still love it. I could probably skip ahead to nearly the end, but I am trying to give my body time to get readjusted to running a lot again.

So, my suggestion....listen to your body.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you are new to running, I've found it important to keep a rest day between runs. I had a really good 5k run on saturday, and felt great the rest of the day. Sunday morning I was pumped to get our there and run again. I was really hoping for the same outcome..same great feeling. But about a mile in, I didn't have any juice left and ended up walking the rest of the way. I felt defeated. Don't set yourself up for that.

I will say that when I made it to week 2 of the program, I felt so jazzed at the end of the intervals that I went ahead and tacked on a week 1 workout. That was the last time I did that. haha. Just because you take a rest day from running doesn't mean it has to be a complete rest day. I fill in the gaps with weight training or a long walk.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    When I completed it a couple years ago, I did every other day which meant 3 or 4 runs in a week and it put me ahead of actual calendar weeks.
  • snowwhite0805
    snowwhite0805 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to do a run/walk every other day but I am also struggling to get through a week 3 successfully. I think once I get past that I think the next intervals may be easier.

I have two programs I am working with and they vary slightly one I seem to get through successfully because it offers a longer recover time after the 3 minute run or 3 minutes. The other one only does two minute recover. I just find it odd that one minute makes that much of difference. when I am able to complete 3 successful runs with only the 2 minute recover. I will move to week 3
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I did it I initially started doing it on T, Th, Sa but as my 5k date came closer it became more of an every other day thing so it was more like one week T, Th, Sa, the next M, W, F, Su, and so forth. Doesn't seem like much difference but it did have me finishing the program a bit earlier (not by much).

This is how I am doing it... So one week I do 3 days and the next I do 4. I try to walk everyday (aside from the program) and do strength training 2-3 days a week. I did W4D2 this morning.

Good luck and most importantly, listen to your body - it will tell you if you are doing too much!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I run the app. every other day. It guess I am finishing it a little early, but not by much. I do sometimes do a back to back running of the app. I'm currently on week 7, btw.

As a newbie to running our (mine) body does need some recovery time (the day between.)

The best advice I can offer is: Go at your own speed, don't worry about what those around you are doing.
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in the final week of C25K and I did it three times a week as the app details.

On my in-between days I would do Yoga :) and I would take off only 1 day a week for rest.

Good luck! It's the best!