Stay at home mom wants to make a little extra cash

Options
I am a stay at home mom and want to stay that way. My son has medical problems where I need to be able to be home with him whenever he needs me to be. Both of my kids are in school now so on the days he isn't sick I have some spare time on my hands, Anyone know of some ways to make a little extra cash to help with expenses since my husbands hours at work have been cut short?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you would need to do to get qualified, but try looking into medical transcription which can definitely be done from home, and maybe even medical billing.

Good luck!
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    Hi! I recently became a beachbody coach. I'm making about $80 a week. My friend who has done it for 3 years is making 60k per year You actually help people get in shape and encourage people.. kind of exactly what we all do on here for free! If you're interested, send me an email to alicia@ourfitlife.com

I'm going to be able to quit my $18 an hour job here in 2-3 more months and do beachbody full time! It's a great feeling and it's so rewarding helping people accomplish their goals!
  • KrisRain
    Options
    I recommend Ebay...

1) Low start up costs. (All you need is a digital camera)
    2) Can be done ANYTIME,Day or night..great if you have kids... :)
    3) Flexible.Work at your own pace.( If you little one has an off day,you can spend 15mins the whole day,on a good day a few hours)

There are even books for about $20 you can buy at your local book store on selling on "Ebay" or in the library for free ;) to get you started.I dont know the "tax" laws or what not for the states but in Canada you can sell so much and not pay tax legally.My advise find your niche.Kids clothing or vintage items or sports items or..... Research on line what sells best and go for it! (scour thrift stores,junk shops,yard sales...all while running errands or as a fun outing with the kids) Hit up family and friends too,ask to sell there treausres on line for a cut!
    P.S.Message me if you need more info...

Smiles Kris :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :smokin::yawn:
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I recommend Ebay...

3) Flexible.Work at your own pace.( If you little one has an off day,you can spend 15mins the whole day,on a good day a few hours)

There are even books for about $20 you can buy at your local book store on selling on "Ebay" or in the library for free ;) to get you started.I dont know the "tax" laws or what not for the states but in Canada you can sell so much and not pay tax legally.My advise find your niche.Kids clothing or vintage items or sports items or..... Research on line what sells best and go for it! (scour thrift stores,junk shops,yard sales...all while running errands or as a fun outing with the kids) Hit up family and friends too,ask to sell there treausres on line for a cut!

• HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I recommend Ebay...

Good ideas! Always something in the house to put on Craigs list, Ebay etc. KrisRain has some good ideas here!
  • showers1989
    Options
    I recommend Ebay...

Another good way to sell without the startup costs of ebay is craigslist. you have to be careful always meet in a safe place. but i recommend the thrift stores flea market etc. things you get for cheap people will pay money for. Ive done this before you also dont pay shipping costs if you meet the person but you also have the opprtunity to ship it definitely if that makes you more comfortable
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    Hi! I recently became a beachbody coach. I'm making about $80 a week. My friend who has done it for 3 years is making 60k per year You actually help people get in shape and encourage people.. kind of exactly what we all do on here for free! If you're interested, send me an email to alicia@ourfitlife.com

I'm going to be able to quit my $18 an hour job here in 2-3 more months and do beachbody full time! It's a great feeling and it's so rewarding helping people accomplish their goals!
    Probably not real fair to all the other Beach Body coaches for you to advertise on here, ya think? Especially since it's not within MFP guidlines as well. If ya just GOTTA advertise your wares, how about a private piece of mail?:huh::noway:

Wow. I was really trying to help. It's changed my life. It's a big deal for me to be able to stay home with my kids soon as a single Mom with no help. Why wouldn't I share that information?

Feel free to research whatever coach you want if you're interested. I still think it's a GREAT opportunity for anyone no matter who they work with.

But hey.. I apologize if I offended you. Have a great night =)
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Perhaps not fair to other Beach Body coaches to advertise on here? Especially since it's not within MFP guidlines as well.
    well because you did not solicit business and were givening information it was not going against mfp guidelines. There was a coach that was soliciting that I reported. I wouldn't see this as reportable.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

But hey.. I apologize if I offended you. Have a great night =)
    you didn't offend me, your unsolicited advertising did:wink::tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Perhaps not fair to other Beach Body coaches to advertise on here? Especially since it's not within MFP guidlines as well.
    well because you did not solicit business and were givening information it was not going against mfp guidelines. There was a coach that was soliciting that I reported. I wouldn't see this as reportable.
    quote: If you're interested, send me an email to alicia@ourfitlife.com quote

really?
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options

quote: If you're interested, send me an email to alicia@ourfitlife.com quote

really?
    I understood that to mean if you were interested in finding out how to be a coach.... since that was the subject of her post...
    who knows? different people different perspectives... but if you feel that strongly you should report it... Best wishes.
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    Hmmm. Ok, maybe I see your point. But still did not intend it that way. If I had.. I would have given her my website.. it's really not what I'm all about. So, in short, if anyone is interested do a google search and I'm sure you'll find AMAZING people to work with. I sure have and it's made a huge difference in my life.

Okie dokie! Now lets get on with the positive energy since that's really what all this should be about.

Night! :)
  • aliciasjourney
    Options
    Oh and one more thing.. a friend of mine went for medical transcribing at home (sp?). She loves it! They pay well too...
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    West at Home is fun. You sign up for 4 hour blocks and I think you have to work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    What the hell..this escalated to some serious drama! We are all here, in the same boat, aiming at the same goal! Alicia is my friend and shes an inspiration. She's super sweet and shes a great motivator! The last thing she'd do is try to spam any of you. And if you can't see that she was genuinely trying to help..then whatever chicka. I'm a single mom and i know what it is to be tight at the end of the month, and you can't blame her for wanting to share her happiness with the world. Grow up. IF she was bugging everyone and spamming and emailing and posting sites..then you'd have something to report. But this..c'mon! stop hatin' and do us all a favor..google it. its 100% legit...No wait dont..cuz you don't need it and hey, why dont you report me too while ur at it.
  • showers1989
    Options
    i dont see what the problem is. she wasnt promoting herself or anything in particular to sell just trying to give advice on how to get a job. and its not like she was messaging everyone and posting to promote herself she specifically answered one question to someone who asked for an answer
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    i dont see what the problem is. she wasnt promoting herself or anything in particular to sell just trying to give advice on how to get a job. and its not like she was messaging everyone and posting to promote herself she specifically answered one question to someone who asked for an answer

Amen! Well said =)
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If your that offended why bother coming back to the post? The girl did it in good faith and then said she didn't mean offence... Let it go!!!

We should absolutely be giving positive energy not negative :-/

come on ladies!!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Well, Melissa!!!! Aren't you glad you asked??? LOL!