What's on your sandwich?

Options

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    *sammich

It really depends on who is eating the sammich.
    But a more appropriate question would be.... What do I NOT put on my sammich?
    I get a little crazy.... Sammiches are important.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches

YUM!
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana ... I love it!
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I put anything that's not bread on my sandwiches.
    this. Lettuce wraps ftw.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Light mayo, pesto, roasted red pepper, spinach, cucumber, tomato, and light havarti cheese. So good! For camping, cut up lots of veggies like carrots or peppers. Berries are also nice to have.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    just bring lots of vegetables, both fresh and roasted, to help flesh out/bulk up your sandwich and make it more filling.

good whole grain bread
    interesting spreads (pesto, tahini, dried tomato spraed etc)
    then lettuce, tomato, onion
    roast vegetables
    then the "crap that tastes good" as you put it :laugh: or whatever you like (cheese, lean meats, chicken breast etc

yum yum
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    More like a wrap, but I like to cream together 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and about a 1/4 (maybe a bit less ) of an avocado and use that as a spread. I need some sort of creaminess, and this is the best thing that I've come up with instead of mayo. Then I usually have turkey or roast beef, lettuce, tomato, and a few jalapenos or some other type of hot pepper.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Creamy Horseradish sauce
    spicy mustard
    ham
    turkey
    2 slices of cheese
    Bread: flatout foldit - usually rosemary and olive oil or everything flavors
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bread (especially store bought) is too high in sodium and carbs for me.

I have been making lettuce wraps. I use a leaf of romaine as the "wrap", then stuff it with chicken or tuna salad.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    On a turkey sandwich - lettuce & tomato or spinach leaves and olive oil based mayo.

Lately, I've been craving peanut butter sandwiches.

8488541.png
  • gonebesexysoon2
    Options
    no cheeseeeeeeeeeeeeee, mayooooooooooooooooooooooooo, oilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, use wheat bread, and all your veggies and mustard
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Lately, I've been craving peanut butter sandwiches.

That's me right now. Not sure why...peanut butter sandwiches on soft white bread.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Honey Chipotle steak sandwich-seared sliced steak, caramelized onions, roasted peppers, baby spinach with honey chipotle glaze and aioli on toasted ciabetta bread - from Nordstrom's Bistro. ;)
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    define "crappy" stuff or "stuff that is bad for you"....

There isn't anything inherently evil about any food....also, it's one day of many days...it is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I will be eating all of the hot dogs, all of the bratts, all of the hamburgers, all of the ribs, all of the pulled pork, and drinking all of the beer. It will be epic...

When I say crappy I mean loads cheese puffs, smores, and extra-burnt marshmallows lol. Thank you all for the fabulous options! I will definitely be using these! Now I don't feel so limited. :happy:
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Ciabatta, fried egg, bacon, avocado. :heart:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    define "crappy" stuff or "stuff that is bad for you"....

There isn't anything inherently evil about any food....also, it's one day of many days...it is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I will be eating all of the hot dogs, all of the bratts, all of the hamburgers, all of the ribs, all of the pulled pork, and drinking all of the beer. It will be epic...

When I say crappy I mean loads cheese puffs, smores, and extra-burnt marshmallows lol. Thank you all for the fabulous options! I will definitely be using these! Now I don't feel so limited. :happy:

But you *can* enjoy stuff like this, but in moderation. When you're camping, by all means, CAMP! When your fam/friends eat their 7th s'more, know that one was enough for you (I think a basic s'more is around 150 cal - just logged one Friday). Have 1/2 portion of cheese doodles (like, 70 cals). Buy the 45 cal Hebrew National dogs and some whole grain buns. You can make it work and still be on top of things.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    summers here! I will be downing a few hundred homegrown tomato sandwhiches w/ mayo and salt/pepper!!
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    healthy life bread, ez mayo (love it), avocado, couple of slices of deli meat, 2 egg whites. yum
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    BACON

Add nutella and peanut butter and that's my kind of sandwich.
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    summers here! I will be downing a few hundred homegrown tomato sandwhiches w/ mayo and salt/pepper!!

these are ridiculously good!