Needing some motivation tips.

Options
Yes I will admit I am pretty lazy..I work 5 days a week and when I come home I dont want to do anything..I will clean and cook and that is about it..I am a night person so I rather stay up all night and sleep all day. So it almost seems unpossible for me to get up in the morning to work out. I can never sleep at night and by the time I can fall asleep I will only be able to have like 4 to 5 hours of sleep cause in most cases I have to work at 9 am..And I try my hardest to go to bed around 9 and get up early to work out, but for some reason I can not sleep until its like 3 am if not later. I do not know if any one has any tips for me ??? Or goes through this to ??

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    workout at night since your up and awake ....might help ya sleep after
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same and have been also lacking in excercise for the same reasons.

Myastyme has good advice thats what usually works for me, but try not to leave it too late as you use it being too dark as yet another excuse not to go out and get it done. (or I do anyways)

or you could always try and squeese in an hour at your lunch break?

or simply just try walking to and from work, if its not too far (and assuming youre not doing that already) then you get your excercise in doing things you have to do anyways.
  • jodieking
    Options
    You can do it! get home from work, eat dinner, get dressed and bum at home for half an hour (i find this fits in well with watching the evening new etc) then hit the gym... since you just ate, do a quick warm up and then weights. by the time it time to jump on the treadmill or whatever your favorite cardio is, its been an hour since you ate.
    When you get home, its time for a hot shower (which might help you get a bit sleepy), and a cup of tea or some warm drink while you relax for half an hour or so and then off to bed.
    I find balancing this with friends etc is usually managable if im aiming for 3 days during the work week.

Its not easy though - staying home and munchin on somehting and watching tv is kinda awesome. but you will feel a whole lot better about yourself if you go to the gym instead.

best of luck!
  • goodgollymrsholly
    Options
    Thanks for all the Advice ladies..I wish I lived closer to work I would walk..I only have a 30 minute break for my lunch which I usually dont take the whole thing.. Usually I will take a bath room break and do little things in the bath room like wall sits and some stretching. I am on my feet for about 8 to 9 hours a day always running around like a maniac..You figured doing all the running I do at my work would help, but it doesn't I just need to figure out a time of night that would be good to exercise..It just always tough when my husband always like to interupt me lol.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i used to be the same way until i had kids lol No matter how much of a night owl you are, if they get up at 6am, so do you :)

But anyways, working out a night is best because its nice and cool...no sunshine beating down on you, and its dark! Thats when i do my exercise then i reward myself with a small treat (like a couple rice cakes)
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    I find it difficult to get time for any structured exercise during the working week because I work long shifts and am too tired - and it's too late - usually after 10pm when I get home. So what I try to do is fit in exercise as part of my normal daily routine. I walk to the next bus stop along and get off the bus a stop early so I do some extra walking, and I use the stairs instead of the lift (and I work on the 5th floor so that's good).
    At the weekend I take the dog for a long walk and I try and do some stationary cycling in the evenings while I'm watching TV.
    It's probably not enough though - I shall have to see how my weight loss progresses and if it stalls, I shall need ideas on what else I can do.