nightime nibbles

Options
Help me!
Ive finally realised that I am pretty good eater during the day. I keep around 850 - 900 calories up till afternoon tea - and I am happy with that.
It is the evenings that I struggle. And its my sweet tooth that gets me. My main meal can be pretty good, although portion control is still a struggle, but its the need for something sweet at the end of the day - something that I won't binge on too. i.e. I know that I cannot keep Nutella in the house - I just don't stop at one teaspoon.
Anyone else struggle with a sweet tooth?

Replies

• amatronsangel
    Options
    That is my biggest struggle too. I hate it. I love sweets so much. You just got to stay strong and just say no.
  • less_carbs_4_life
    less_carbs_4_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sugar-free bubble gum with any fruity flavor works for me in these situations.
  • sarahbobara
    sarahbobara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mmmm did you say Nutella?!!??!?
    I too suffer from a powerful sweet tooth, all day long,everyday. If I have been good during the day, the urge to have something sweet challenges me at night. I find that sometimes it really helps to drink a couple glasses of water followed by mint gum. For some reason the mint flavor suppresses the sweet craving.

Stay strong, keep up the good work, and keep in mind that nothing tastes better than results.
  • goodgollymrsholly
    Options
    I am bad at that to..I cut up some vegetables like carrots and celery..I will put them into portions into tupperware like the same day. I find that helps me out pretty well..Keeps my hands out of the cookie jar =)
  • jodieking
    Options
    If you are able to, i would think two digestive choc biscuits are reasonable of an evening with a cup of tea if you need to have something sweet. Are you able to have just two?> I find nibbling rather than biting help.
    ALSO! this just occurred to me, if i want something sweet i find that yoguht frozen fruit bars (icypoles - i cant think of what they are called in america) are low in cal and sweet and delicious. - the brand i buy are only 90 cal or something...
    you have to know yourself though... if you cant control the urge to have 4 or whatever, then maybe going without is easier... - settle for a cup of tea with milk and sugar?
  • jodieking
    Options
    what about 1/2 a banana with vanilla yoghurt???
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    i totally feel you!

during summer time i might have a light / diet ice-cream - i'm not in USA or UK so suggesting a brand doesn't have a point :tongue:

when it starts getting a bit cold i have a cup of hot chocolate (cadbury highlights) - only 40 kcal per cup!!! (1.4g fat, 4.6g carbs, 1.8g protein)
    http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/cadburys/highlights-instant-hot-chocolate

and you can have 1-2 biscuits with that :smile:

hope this helps :flowerforyou: