having a slight problem

Options
so today i went over my calories minor set back right.. well tomorrow i"m afraid i"m going to do it again.. I know i have plans to go out and eat at Lonestar so i need to save up calories for that right? so any suggestions for the rest of the day?

Replies

• pamazado
    pamazado Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My suggestion wouldn't be to save up calories. I would suggest that you look up the nutritional info for lone star on the internet. Select a meal before you go then try to plan the rest of your day around that. I think its less likely that you would go over your calories. I try not to use a night out to over-indulge and if you don't eat thru the day you may eat more than you would have if you just plan it out ahead of time. I also realized how many calories dining out really can be!
    Just a suggestion from someone who has lost 119 pounds thus far ( 25 on fitness pal) :flowerforyou:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    My suggestion wouldn't be to save up calories. I would suggest that you look up the nutritional info for lone star on the internet. Select a meal before you go then try to plan the rest of your day around that. I think its less likely that you would go over your calories. I try not to use a night out to over-indulge and if you don't eat thru the day you may eat more than you would have if you just plan it out ahead of time. I also realized how many calories dining out really can be!
    Just a suggestion from someone who has lost 119 pounds thus far ( 25 on fitness pal) :flowerforyou:

I totally agree!

To the OP - A pretty safe dinner at a steakhouse might be a small steak (whatever their smallest is), plain baked potato and fresh veggies. Make sure you ask that the steak not be cooked with a rub on it (which is usually LOADED with sodium) and that the veggies aren't cooked in oil/butter. You may find specific items on their website that fit with your eating plan, like the previous poster mentioned. With the dinner I just mentioned, it would probably run 450-550 calories, so if you don't want to eat all that in one meal, you could immediately ask for a box and put 1/2 of it in a box to take home (at least half the potato and steak). If it's off your plate, you'll be less tempted to eat it all.

That's just one idea. I definitely agree with the previous poster that you should try to eat as normally as possible (not save up a ton of calories for dinner), and just eat a reasonable dinner that's planned out ahead of time. You could also try to squeeze in a workout tomorrow, that way you have some extra calories to use at dinner if you do go over a little.

You CAN do it! You just have to plan.
  • DKWaggoner
    DKWaggoner Posts: 185
    Options
    exactly what they said! Don''t save up calories,that just doesn't work..plus its not healthy
  • Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    yes! look at their nutrition info on their website and if they don't have it listed then go check if anyone has added it on here. But dont save calories cause then you'll want to eat something bad at the restaurant and it's better to spread ur calories throughout the day so your body can better digest it.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    DITTO!!:laugh:
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    Options
    Also try to get a good workout in if you can, the extra calories will come in useful! :smile:
  • nica8605
    nica8605 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks! I did eat through out the day.. and only are half my meal and i stayed under my calories :)
  • Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    good job
  • jodieking
    Options
    That's great! Good job. I have to do the same thing tomorrow...
  • vikkij12
    vikkij12 Posts: 82
    Options
    fantastic, way to go!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Way to go, see we can go out, have fun and not bust our calorie goals! :bigsmile: :drinker: