New to the group

Options
Hello,

I am a 45 year old woman looking for encouragement to dropping pounds. I am just getting started. I would like to get rid of my pear shape. I want to lose at least 40 pounds naturally. I tried for a couple of days with the smart ones. But then I slid back into my unhealthy eating habits. I have a 3 year old so sometimes it is hard for me to cook. So I end up with frozen dinners. I am going to really try hard to drop some pounds. Any suggestions on how I should start out. The more words and wisdom of encouragement the better.

Replies

• Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old so I understand being busy. There are lots of quick, healthy things to do with chicken and vegetables. I also use my slow cooker frequently. Cook large batches and freeze them for quick easy meals later. Check out allrecipes.com for some great recipes!
  • lyssa1209
    lyssa1209 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello!
    I understand completely, I to have a 3 year old and rarely have time to cook. Or I am trying to cook two meals at once! The one thing I started doing just recently was grocery shopping and preparing my meals for week. It helps A LOT during the week when you have no time, just pop in the microwave and your wala! Healthy happy meal. My son may not like me for doing this, but all the sweets, yeah they are gone to (including cookies/ice cream)! Temptation is something I try to avoid. I bought a "clean eating" recipe from Amazon with lots of awesome recipes, even have kid meals in there to. I hope this helps in some way! Best of luck to you :) keep focused, you CAN do it!!!