Going on Vacation soon!

Options
Ok so I've been a MFP member for a few days consistantly and it has in fact helped me. Although there are a few things happening... I calculated my BMR and it says 1740 cals a day??!! i can hardly get 1200 a day in! but...i'm sticking with my 1200 as its a general.
the other thing is that i haven't lost a single pound yet. and although i'm glad i haven't gained anything either...i was just waiting to have lost at least a pound by now.
I am going on vacation this saturday to Mexico and plan on going to the gym every morning as they have yoga classes, a pool, and treadmills. i want to indulge in fruits and foods from Mexico but i don't want to over load on calories. Does anyone know of anything i should do as well during my vaca? i'll be there until the 13th that's 7 nights and 8 days.

I am hoping i lose at least 5 pounds while on vacation but as long as i don't GAIN anything I'll be ok!

thanks everyone!

Replies

• kosuke081
    kosuke081 Posts: 69
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking lots of water while you're gone. Sometimes your body mistakes being thirsty for being hungry, and you'll eat too much. Let yourself indulge on the fruits, you're on vacation after all! But as long as you're drinking the right amount of water and still exercising, your calorie intake won't be too bad. If you have internet access, log the food on MFP and see. If you feel like you're taking in too much, just cut down on the portion size of the fruits you're trying out.

Also, if you're walking around town a lot (as in more than usual), log that in as exercise as well. They have a 2.0 mph (leisurely) pace in the cardio section.

Have a lot of fun in Mexico!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You've been doing this for only a few days......and are worried that you haven't lost a single pound yet?! It takes more than a few days...even for one pound.
  • lilianamarques33
    lilianamarques33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great ideas...thanks! yes there is internet connection throughout the resort. although we won't be leaving the resort a lot. maybe on the beach or so but nothing crazy. i'll log in everything!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
  • lilianamarques33
    Options
    yes I know that it takes a few days... I'm just saying that I haven't lost anything nor have I gained anything. I'm not being dramatic I'm just merely stating...and just because I've been on MFP for a few days doesn't mean I haven't been doing this for well over a year!
  • familyizzy
    familyizzy Posts: 26
    Options
    When we went on vacation just a little while ago, both my husband and I decided to watch what we ate. The goal was not to gain any weight. I decided that losing weight was going to be near impossible while on vacation. Even with the swimming and dancing and everyday walking we still figured that having wine and a few drinks during the day would balance out the exersize......I mean I was on vacation, I wanted to have fun. So we had a salad to start before lunch and dinner, and only allowed ourselves one plate......no going back for seconds. I also kept to no sweets at all except for one day, the last meal, and that was it. We had a great time! I ate great meals, drank freely what I wanted and neither of us gained one pound.
    Workout, everything in moderation, and have a great time.
  • lilianamarques33
    Options
    thank you :)