I'm sort of a newbie...

Options
My name is Amie and I have gained too much weight! I have been married 12 years and have two amazing kids! I NEED to be able to participate in fun activities with my family and be here for them. I started about mid May and am LOVING the new me! I have lost 11 pounds so far and am so excited! I have gone at this really slow. I knew that I would have to in order to stick to something. Started by drinking a ton of water, then decided to cut back calories! When I was introduced to MFP, I totally took off! I just started exercising, but again going slow! Three times a week for 20 minutes to start and I know I will work up from there.
I have a lot more weight to go but I know I can do it! (I have recently started saying I know & when instead of if!)
My husband is also doing it with me! We keep each other motivated! Would love more motivation!!!!
I think my favorite thing is when you complete your log and it says what you will weigh in 5 weeks!
Just so happy with the direction I'm going and so excited about MFP!!

Replies

• BrookeRiffe
    Options
    Your excitement is great! Let's stick with it!
  • LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

What an amazingly positive attitude you have and it's great that you have your husband on board for support as well. That's going to be a big help! I also got my husband started on MFP, although he doesn't have as much to lose as me - he mainly wants to eat healthier, lose a few lbs and tone up.
    I have been on MFP for a few weeks and love the ease of logging and adding in my own recipes. I am aiming to lose about 40lbs and would be happy to have more friends to share support with.
    Please add me if you would like some more support :-)

Good luck!