30 Day Shred: Stick with level 1 or move on to level 2?

Options
I just started the 30 Day Shred on Monday. For me it is really hard & although I can already see improvement on day 3 I still can't do all of the cardio. I have to stop & take breaks or modify the exercise (some of that is due to plantar fasciitis in both heels). Most of the strength training I can complete, but it's still hard for me. I'm totally wiped out when I'm done & sweating like crazy. I guess that is to be expected when you are really over weight & out of shape.

I'm just wondering when the first 10 days are up and you are supposed to move on to level 2 should I if I still can't finish all of level 1?

Replies

• TinaBina90
    TinaBina90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is a lot harder than Level 1. There are a lot more jumping moves and moves where you have to stay in plank. You can try it and see how you do, just be careful and listen to your body so you don't get hurt.
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel much difference. Level 3 is a dramatic change from level 2.
    However, I think you will be fine, it focusses more on arms and back.
    Just do it at your own pace and move on.

You can also follow the modified moves with the girl on the right to make it easier for you.
  • singularities
    singularities Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should move on when you can complete all of Level 1. Jillian says "When you're ready, move to the next level." If it takes you longer than thirty days to complete it, that's ok. Keep working through it at your own pace.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    While technically you're supposed to move on to level 2 after 10 days....I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to spend more time on level 1. I think I'd be bored out of my mind doing level 1 for more than 10 days though!!

Keep in mind you're only on day 3. You should see a huge difference in endurance by the time you get to day 10.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    While technically you're supposed to move on to level 2 after 10 days....I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to spend more time on level 1. I think I'd be bored out of my mind doing level 1 for more than 10 days though!!

Keep in mind you're only on day 3. You should see a huge difference in endurance by the time you get to day 10.

^This

First few days I felt like I was dying and then around Day 6-7 It was hard, but I could do it. I just started Day 1 of Level 2 today. Definitely harder, but you just gotta stick to it and push yourself.
  • wendiefh
    wendiefh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments. Hopefully you are right & by day 10 I'll be doing much better. :) I don't mind doing the same exercises over & over. I like routines. :)
  • 16hats
    16hats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 2 today after 10 days at Level 1. I think the modified moves on Level 2 really aren't a huge leap from Level 1, but there are a lot of people who stay at the first level longer. What ever your body needs to do.

Days 3 and 4 at Level 1 were the toughest for me personally. I kept thinking "I can't do this, I can't do this!" because my legs hurt and I was sore and my abs were feeling it, but then I got to Day 5 and I was like "Holy crap, I can do this!" I'm sure you'll get there, just give it a couple days! ;)

Also, what helped me with the cardio on Level 1 was to take some extra time warming up before and stretching after. It can make a huge difference.