Is all food the same!!!

Options
question.. and this mabe a dumb one but ill ask.. so im watching my intake and doing a little bit of calorie counting. I ate chinese food which took A LOT of my calories for today.. I was told to eat healty food with my work out but can i eat my normal food, count my calories , do portion control AND work out to get the same results.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    For sure. Stay in budget and all is well.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Of course. Just keep in mind that you're better off in the long run to eat mostly healthier food.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    question.. and this mabe a dumb one but ill ask.. so im watching my intake and doing a little bit of calorie counting. I ate chinese food which took A LOT of my calories for today.. I was told to eat healty food with my work out but can i eat my normal food, count my calories , do portion control AND work out to get the same results.

It really depends on what your normal food is and what you mean by "results". Barring a medical condition that changes the rules, fat loss is all about calories in < calorie out. Health is about more than that. Body composition (muscle, fat, water) is about more than that.
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That depends on what your goal is. If you want to loose weight, you can do it by staying under your calories, moderate exercise, and portion control. If you are trying to get ripped and cut that us where the foods make a huge difference (typically high protein and low carb).
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It has been working for me. I eat all the foods just less of them.
  • jzwilliams23
    Options
    im late but thanks for the great responses. I learned that unhealty food are a trigger for me. So im trying to stay away from that. .. thanks...
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Eat what makes you feel full. Stop eating when you reach your calorie limit for the day. Try to eat during the parts of the day when you know you're going to be hungriest. If you just do those things, you'll lose weight. You can exercise too, if you want. But it's really just for health and all that boring stuff. :tongue:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    For weight loss alone, it is purely a calorie deficit. For health reasons, different foods provide different vitamins and nutrients for your body.