Did someone say Cheesecake?

Options
a girl came into my work yesterday looking for me, someone had told her about me, She wanted to congratulate me, but to also tell me she has lost 140 pounds. I asked her how she did it, and she said " I stopped eating grains and rice" thats it... She proceeded to tell me how she can eat cheesecake as long as she doesnt eat the crust. I didnt know what to say to her.

She asked me how, and I told her how I had lost it. Counting calories , and working out alot. She said she is afraid of weights , that she will bulk up, She lifts up her arm to show me her flab and said she needs to do something about that. I told her she really should start some strength training, that will help, she poo pooed the idea again.

I couldnt hear anything she said cause all I could hear was that she eats cheesecake...? I stood my ground on the counting calories and strength training. I wasnt going to let her sway me.... :bigsmile:

I am a bit biter about the cheesecake thing.

Replies

• somethingvague
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations of your weight loss....I'm sure you can have one little slice of cheesecake now, haha :)
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    i can't imaginea life without desserts. i just eat smaller portions now :(
  • terrijayne
    terrijayne Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    weightwatcher make 2 cheesecakes..yummy toffee one which is to die for and a strawberry one as well..gotta keep the cheesecake level right in this house or we will all go into meltdown lol
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    Unlike her, you can eat your cheesecake and have the crust :D Calories are calories wherever they come from so just be careful to count them ^_^;;
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Tami - You're an inspiration! Love your posts!

Check back with her in a year and see how her plan is working out for her. I'll bet she'll have regained some weight and still be a flabby mess.

You, on the other hand, will still be trim, svelte, and healthy. So ha! Take that! Although I'm with you on the cheesecake envy! :laugh:
  • KelliP5
    KelliP5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hehehe too funny, kinda the same response from me just reading your post; the whole cheescake thing. I dunno about cutting out certain foods to lose weight. I mean all of the "experts" say eat what you want...relatively speaking...in moderation. You know also women can do weights, it's just how they do them and the amount of reps....which I'm sure you know this. I mean I go to Curves and we work all of our muscle parts INCLUDING pecks but I'm toning not body building so I still have a nice feminine shape. Maybe you should totally refer that girl to this website, sounds like she needs a little help. BTW congrats on your weight loss I know how SUPER proud of yourself that you must be!!!! :ohwell:
  • KelliP5
    KelliP5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have to say congrats to you on your weight loss...you look fantastic! I have a hard time believing that was all she did to lose 140lbs. It's too bad she didn't take your advice...it's sounds like it would have benefitted her! I agree with other posts that it really is about moderation and once in a while a small piece would be okay.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    The best kind of Cheesecake is a fit forty year old in a great dress, with a wonderful smile. You got it! You are an inspiration.
  • meave
    meave Posts: 3
    Options
    wow u look fab and r a great motivator for me....some people find faddy diets that do work for a while, but at the end of the day counting calories and excerise the only way to keep it off.....yum would love some cheese cake:laugh: :laugh:
  • segill
    segill Posts: 6
    Options
    Don't be bitter! Just have some and add in an extra long walk or bike ride that day! This way of living (calories in - calories out) Is so easy (thanks to this website) and logical! You really never need to deprive yourself.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Just went for a run. Going to the cheesecake factory with a friend for her birthday today :). Thanks you guys!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Maybe she did lose 140 pounds on a low carb high fat diet, I did Atkins for a while, lost a ton of weight, but it was not possible to live on that kind of diet, when I went off Atkins I gained all the weight back and then some :mad:

Now I've changed my lifestyle, and my relationship to food, I'm exercising and getting healthier, heck, I'm sure I would survive eating some cheese cake crust and all just not a lot and not every day.

I think we are not on a "Diet" like this gal at work, we are now all living healthy, watching our intake and moving our bodies.

Cheesecake be dammed :bigsmile:
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Man, I just tried Skinny Cow Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream and it's amazing and only 150cal per cup!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit bitter about her cheesecake, too.... I'll be looking for the weight watchers cheesecake when I go shopping tomorrow morning...
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they have it everywhere or anymore but Cheesecake Factory used to have a really yummy sugar free cheese cake with sugar free whip cream. I'm just sayin'.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You mean all this time all I had to do was leave the crust behind?! :noway: I wish someone would have told me :laugh: Well you have done great and you will be better in the long run BECAUSE you did it the right way!! :drinker:

paige I'm just saying how do you handle sugar free cheesecake? I'd rather go without than to add artificial sweetners but to each their own! :wink:
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Two things :wink:

If I have to give up cheesecake, I quit! Haha! I seriously think I would die without it! BUT I limit how often I indulge AND I have some amazing recipes I plan to tweak to make healthier

You look amazing and are such a wonderful inspiration!!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    You mean all this time all I had to do was leave the crust behind?! :noway: I wish someone would have told me :laugh: Well you have done great and you will be better in the long run BECAUSE you did it the right way!! :drinker:

paige I'm just saying how do you handle sugar free cheesecake? I'd rather go without than to add artificial sweetners but to each their own! :wink:

I agree with you, I try my best to avoid any of the artificial sweeteners, I'd rather have the real thing, is a smaller dose, or go for an extra long bike ride or something, I think we get way too much chemical crap in our lives as it is, but that might just be me :bigsmile:

So agree with you twice, "Each to his own" :happy:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit bitter about her cheesecake, too.... I'll be looking for the weight watchers cheesecake when I go shopping tomorrow morning...

I had some today with my friend for her birthday, we split a piece and left a good piece behind. It was yummy!

Stu, she said she last lost it all doing the no grains or rice. and is still wanting to lose 40 more. She was also highly against strength training and I am a big believer in it. I have seen what it does when you do it ( and I have seen what happens when you dont when you lose ) and I will take my muscles any day over the flub.