Cooking RIGHT NOW and ran into an issue..HELP ASAP PLEASE!

Options
As the posting said, I just browned ground turkey, was going to make spaghetti, but somehow my noodles I bought have disappeared. Any suggestions on what to do with this ground turkey??? Something easy and simple, and preferably kid friendly! Thanks!

Replies

• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Make a gravy....mix the ground turkey into it..... and put it over rice or potatoes.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,699 Member
    Options
    Sloppy Joes. Or Veg Turkey stir fry served over rice or quinoa.
  • sgrant918
    sgrant918 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How about a stir fry?
  • eparkinson1970
    eparkinson1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey Burritos! mix in a can of diced tomatoes, and peppers and onions, and some salsa. use wraps if you have them (and can have the carbs) or use a bed of lettuce and turn it into salad. You could add some corn, and a few tortilla chips for crunch. the salsa instead of dressing. and i have to add grated cheese to get my son to eat it :)
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you have available to you but, how would a chili or stew work? Possibly burritos/fajitas? Healthy version of nachos? Those are the first suggestions that come to mind. If you can tell me what you've got in your fridge/pantry I can try to give you something more specific hehe
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Make what you were going to make and put it over any other kind of pasta, rice, mashed potatoes or toast.
  • jadedgrrl
    jadedgrrl Posts: 24
    Options
    chili without beans? i have a pretty awesome recipe that doesn't require many ingredients.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Toss some taco seasoning with the meat. Add a can of tomatoes, but drain it first. Make tacos.

or

Mix the meat with taco seasoning, chopped red pepper and shredded cheese. Wrap that in a tortilla.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Turkey chilli!! Or some type of wrap? Or you can make them into Turkey balls!(ha ha Turkey balls)
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Grate some veggies and call it a veggie pasta,
    or make a lasange with it....
    stirfry or nachos are also good options.

What other ingredients have you got?
  • jjjbeans111
    Options
    Ground turkey scrambled eggs
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Got any rice? Any veggies? Throw the veggies in with the cooked turkey. Cook rice. Throw the rice in with the turkey and veggies, pour a beaten egg over it, strew liberally with soy sauce and drizzle with sesame oil if you've got it.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My kids would totally groove on kimchi fried rice -- chop a cup or more of kimchi, add it to the meat (with a smashed clove or two of garlic, maybe). Cook that together, add cooked rice, stir it up. Add any kimchi juice from the jar and stir-fry with a beaten egg or two.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    tacos
  • ncbeachprincess
    Options
    Make what you were going to make and put it over any other kind of pasta, rice, mashed potatoes or toast.

My kids were set on spaghetti! Not as healthy as i wanted it to be, but I found a box of mac n cheese, leftover ziti noodles, and push come to shove, white rice, and then as a filler, over garlic bread. Whew! The mac n cheese was hidden in the back of the pantry and the ziti was in the freezer, a lil freezer burnt, but in spaghetti, no one will know! But thanks to everyone I have a lot of other ideas for future meals!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention any other ingredients you might have, so I'll shoot for the stars - stuffed bell peppers.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/mr-johns-meat-stuffed-bell-peppers-recipe/index.html
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    As the posting said, I just browned ground turkey, was going to make spaghetti, but somehow my noodles I bought have disappeared. Any suggestions on what to do with this ground turkey??? Something easy and simple, and preferably kid friendly! Thanks!
    Make sloppy joes and put it on bread if you don't have any buns.