Peas

Options
Does anyone eat these in their diets? I prefer beans (black and Lima), but I would like to try to add peas to my menu. Are peas worse than beans?

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I love peas. Fresh peas are the best, but I don't mind them frozen. Canned is kinda mushy. Snap peas are also really good.

I guess they are similar to green beans, but I don't really put them in the same flavor profile as beans. I love black beans, though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Like green peas? Why would you think they are "bad" for you? Beans are more calorie dense...Peas are a vegetable, so less calorie dense...not sure what is being asked exactly.

For what it's worth, I eat peas, green beans, pretty much any vegetable really...and I eat legumes as well. They all have their place in a balanced diet.
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I grow them, and eating freshly-podded green peas is possibly the closest I've ever come to food heaven.

I love peas. My favourite thing is to make chicken curry and have it with blanched garden peas.

Or try this: http://cooksjoy.com/blog/2011/07/healthy-mutter-paneer.html

Or have them with pasta. Or include in a navarin of lamb.

Did I say how much I love peas?
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    MUSHY PEAS!! :happy:
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    MUSHY PEAS!! :happy:

Trouble with those is I always want to add a meat pie.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Battered cod for me!

Oh I SO know what my next 'cheat meal' will be...
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE PEAS! (those small green ones)
    will eat LeSeur from a can, or fresh or frozen is my favorite. add them to a hot dish at the last minute and they will soften, but remain crisp but still cooked. i also love them very very cold on a salad. i hope they're nutritious!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Bah, I'm a peasaholic! And over the last month or so my body has been craving them so badly. I've been eating more peas now than I ever did in my life. Love them so hard, and they mix beautifully with so many other veggies and meats.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Worse how? I don't understand the question.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Part of comfort food....meatloaf, mashed potatoes and PEAS! Yummy.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peas, as long as they're not canned. Can't stand that gray, slimy mushy canned crap... :sick:
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peas, as long as they're not canned. Can't stand that gray, slimy mushy canned crap... :sick:

try LeSeuer brand. silver can. they come out fresh and tasty if you can't find fresh or frozen. many people i know who hate peas will eat these.