At the movies

Options
I'm going to the movies today, and this is the first time I'm going since I started my weight loss journey. I definately want to stay on track, so what would be the best movie snack to get? Something gummy? Or should I just go with Raisinettes? Any advice would be great!

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    At the theater?? Not much there healthy to snack on. Sneak in a bag of fruit or vegie pieces or string cheese bits. Buy a water at the theater...it just chafes my butt to pay 3 bucks for a water though.

Enjoy the show!
  • txtree50
    txtree50 Posts: 51
    Options
    3 bucks for water, ours is $5.00. Eat before you go and don't worry about a snack. YOU CAN DO this without eating!!!!!
  • isadoc
    isadoc Posts: 19
    Options
    If you must snack, I think that a few pieces of Nibs or Twizzler candy is your best bet, unless they have air-popped popcorn...
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Get a cup of ice, give you something to chew and feels like you're eating but no calories. Is free where I am too :smile:
  • caldwellchris
    Options
    Eat a well balanced and nutritious meal before you go to the movies. Take water into the movie with you to prevent you from snacking.

It seems like you're associating watching a movie with eating food. It's great that you've identified one of the triggers that makes you consume food.

How do you know you'll be hungry? Eat only when you're hungry! Not when you're bored, depressed or watching tv/movies.

Take the difficult to hear advice an let us know how it went after the movie. You'll have to start breaking that behavior.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I guess you all have misunderstood. I'm going mid afternoon, so I guess I was more looking for something that would be a good snack without a lot of calories. I plan on having water, and I wanted something to munch on since I won't be home to have my normal snack.
  • Tinamac1
    Tinamac1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I would put a 100 calorie something in my bag to have, and just get a diet drink or water.
    enjoy your movie!
  • jamie_savage
    Options
    I usually sneak in my own stuff. Problem with the movie theatre candy is stopping at a serving size since the boxes are so huge. Id eat the whole pack of twizzlers! good luck and enjoy your movie
  • somethingvague
    Options
    It depends on the movie theatre. Some of the theatres here serve healthier choices, like veggies and dip, but others include a Taco Bell and Burger King in their lobby...so it's hard, haha. I'd say the best bet is to sneak in your own snack. Although I LOVE movie theatre popcorn, and next time I go to a movie I will definitley indulge in a little.
  • cpu22girl
    Options
    I would take a healthy snack in my purse and water....don't spend money there....even of you take a few options, that will save you money & calories.....and possible guilt later.
  • jenoverton76
    Options
    Tootsie Rolls Midgees... only 10 calories each so 10 of them is 100 calories... good snack and it takes time to unwrap each one so you are not just eating one after the other
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Pop your own popcorn and put some in a baggie. Bring cut up fruit or vegetables, and your own water. Or a small amount of trail mix? I always bring my own stuff to the movie theater, the stuff there is AWFUL!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    When I went I planned the popcorn in my food diary - a small bag, no butter. I didn't eat all of it either. It was yummy and I didn't feel like I was cheating as I would have in the past. I enjoyed it, logged it, and made sure I didn't go over on my calories for the day.