14 months and 128 pounds later. :)

Options
parias1126
parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
Yesterday marked 14 months on this journey for me. I was going to post a success story after one year or after 100 pounds lost, but I never did because everything else has kept me busy including studying to become a personal trainer and health coach. I can't believe how much I have grown to love exercise, living a healthy lifestyle, and everything that it entails. I am not done yet. I believe I still have about 30 pounds left to lose, but I'm really unsure as I'm not going by the numbers on the scale any longer, but my body fat percentage instead which is still at 30.5% as of last week. I love MFP and would never be where I am today if I hadn't had this website or the encouragement that comes across my newsfeed from my awesome MFP friends.

I wrote my story in a blog post the other day with a few pictures from then and now.

Here is the link to my blog:
http://embracethejourneyblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/the-little-post-from-now-and-then/

I also have a FB fanpage for those interested in following my journey there. Here is the link for that:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Embrace-the-Journey/317326601700225

If you would love to share support, encouragement, or motivation, feel free to add me as a friend. Please please please send me a message though if you are adding me as a friend. I like to know who I am adding as a friend here. I love people who are active on MFP, not just add as a friend, then run off and not pay attention to their newsfeed.

Replies

• ndboston
    ndboston Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you're a great inspiration.Congrats!
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look great!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job :)
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Wow! I enjoyed your blog and pictures! That is an amazing transformation! You seem to have lost years along with the pounds! Congratulations!
    :smile:
  • Mlmr310
    Mlmr310 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! So happy for you! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just incredible. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!
  • parias1126
    Options
    Thank you! And thank you to those that added me! More motivation and support can't hurt! :)
  • BethW01
    BethW01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! I am jealous. LOL I read everyone doing such a good job and yet I continue to struggle to lose 10 lbs but what an inspiration you are.
  • CheBellaNina
    CheBellaNina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Nice job!
  • parias1126
    Options
    Wonderful job! I am jealous. LOL I read everyone doing such a good job and yet I continue to struggle to lose 10 lbs but what an inspiration you are.
    Oh, but i still have more then 10 pounds left to lose. It's definitely hard work, but it can be done. You can do this. You just need to play around with your calorie intake, or change up your exercise plan. :)
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I love reading inspiring stories from those that have a similar amount of weight to lose.
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! How did you avoid loose skin? I have lost over 100 lbs total and I have loose skin from hell! Anyway, you inspire me! I'm sending you a friend request! LOL
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I love people who are active on MFP, not just add as a friend, then run off and not pay attention to their newsfeed.

Better they run off than sit on the couch and not pay attention....

Congratulations, fantastic work.
  • parias1126
    Options
    You are amazing! How did you avoid loose skin? I have lost over 100 lbs total and I have loose skin from hell! Anyway, you inspire me! I'm sending you a friend request! LOL

Oh don't let the clothing fool you. I have my share of loose skin. Losing that amount of weight, that's not something that can be avoided. But, I feel fantastic, loose skin or not! That loose skin reminds me where I came from, who I used to be, and why I don't ever want to go back! :) Look at it positively! Our skin elasticity changes every 6 months so I'm giving it time. I was very large for 20 or more years and I've had four pregnancies. Look how long it took my skin to get that way. I'm 39 years old and smaller than i was in 9th grade! Give it time! :)
  • ajayner85
    ajayner85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK! Congratulations on all your hard work and dedication... what a beautiful example to set for your wonderful children!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done! Very inspiring, I'm working on losing a similar amount. Keep it going! :flowerforyou:
  • parias1126
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and messages! I love MFP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!