Green Coffee Bean Extract.

Options

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    does this stuff really work? i am willing to entertain anything that will help the scale move faster

If you just want the boost of a small dose of caffeine, then yes, they do work. If you want them to cause weight loss, they won't do anything beyond giving you a small boost from caffeine. Caffeine has some connection to weight loss, but it's mostly incidental.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/HQ00369
    I don't know which brand you have but mine don't have any caffeine in it
    Does yours say "Decaffeinated" on it specifically? Where on the label?
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't know which brand you have but mine don't have any caffeine in it
    Does yours say "Decaffeinated" on it specifically? Where on the label?
    '
    So, you're using decaffeinated green coffee bean extract? So, it really IS doing nothing at all. Look, just give your money to a charity if you have too much - you'll feel good about that too.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I prefer black coffee bean extract, or as we used to call it "coffee."
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about them and showed me Dr. Oz talking about them on YouTube and I was convinced. I ordered them from Amazon and just couldn't wait to get them. I took them for 2 weeks and not a thing happened.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hey would chocolate covered expresso beans do the same?
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

They'd do more - they have CHOCOLATE on them.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    The length that desperation drives people just boggles my mind. How many times must people be told "MAGIC PILLS" and "DR OZ IS A SHILL" before they actually hear the message?

Magic pills do not work. Magic pills do not work. Magic pills do not work. MAGIC PILLS DO NOT WORK.

Dr. Oz is a shill. Dr. Oz is a shill. Dr. Oz is a shill. DR OZ IS A SHILL.

And lastly, it was NOT and will never BE, the pills that are causing you to lose weight. It is the exercise and eating right.

There is NO magical formula, no quick trip, and no special supplements that have ever, ever, been proven to cause weight loss.

Look at the labels on the product. Somewhere on there is "Use with a reduced calorie diet and exercise plan". See that there? THAT is the secret, right there. That's how the manufacturers can get away with selling these products as a weight loss supplement. Because you WILL lose weight IF you exercise and reduce your caloric intake. I could start selling my own version of "diet weight loss pills" that are nothing more than sugar and citric acid, and add that label to it, and YOU WOULD LOSE WEIGHT. And then you'd be all "hey, they worked for me!" No, no they didn't. It was the exercise and calorie reduction. PERIOD.
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My mother of all people got these for me to try. Haven't noticed any difference at all, but at least they seem harmless compared to most of the scary diet stuff out there. Will not be ordering any for myself!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I should market some as diet pills! I'll make BILLIONS!!!! *evil laughter*
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I should market some as diet pills! I'll make BILLIONS!!!! *evil laughter*

Make sure you also tout the emotional benefits of those pills: they aid in reducing PMS symptoms too. Think of the marketability of those things?!

I can help you with the labeling, if ya want.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    LOVE this stuff! I got the Evo-Lean pills that have the raspberry ketones also, and I am extremely happy with the results. I had tried that garcinia cambogia extract before, and it didn't do crap for me even with diet and exercise.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    The length that desperation drives people just boggles my mind. How many times must people be told "MAGIC PILLS" and "DR OZ IS A SHILL" before they actually hear the message?

Magic pills do not work. Magic pills do not work. Magic pills do not work. MAGIC PILLS DO NOT WORK.

And lastly, it was NOT and will never BE, the pills that are causing you to lose weight. It is the exercise and eating right.

There is NO magical formula, no quick trip, and no special supplements that have ever, ever, been proven to cause weight loss.

Look at the labels on the product. Somewhere on there is "Use with a reduced calorie diet and exercise plan". See that there? THAT is the secret, right there. That's how the manufacturers can get away with selling these products as a weight loss supplement. Because you WILL lose weight IF you exercise and reduce your caloric intake. I could start selling my own version of "diet weight loss pills" that are nothing more than sugar and citric acid, and add that label to it, and YOU WOULD LOSE WEIGHT. And then you'd be all "hey, they worked for me!" No, no they didn't. It was the exercise and calorie reduction. PERIOD.

:drinker: Couldn't agree more.

Try not logging into MFP for 2 weeks, not exercising and take the placebo pill. Then come back and tell us about the magical effects of overhyped caffeine tablets.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

:drinker: Couldn't agree more.

Try not logging into MFP for 2 weeks, not exercising and take the placebo pill. Then come back and tell us about the magical effects of overhyped caffeine tablets.

After battling being overweight my entire life, I wholeheartedly believe that there is no magic pil, potion or powder. This stuff will not magically make you thin. But making better choices with your eating habits and moving your body more pretty much guarantee results. 16 months ago I weighed 121 pounds more than I do right now. I have not taken a single diet pill, shake, etc. I exercise, a little, but I am not by any means a gym rat. This stuff is a gimmick. Oh, and Dr. Oz is a QUACK
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Magical thinking. Hmm...I get people like that once in a while in my Thai Boxing class. They want to know the 'secret'. Turns out I'm happy to share, but they don't always like the answer: "You want to kick hard? No problem. It takes about 10,000 full power kicks once you learn correct form. Let's get started...say, 500 kicks on the bag with each leg." (They will also be sore for a week.)

Turns out that some of them will stick to it and pay their dues and get there. However, some people really want to get there without paying their dues. It doesn't work that way. You gotta pay your dues.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they work but like any natural supplement...they almost take at leat a bottle to start working..
    Glucosamin takes 2 months to start seeing results (even written on the bottle)...

They are natural product and your body needs to treat them and assimilate them first.

I'm not saying it works or not.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    It is not "natural"
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    yes it's natural..if it's pure green coffee beans...they aren't roasted.... that's all.
    If there's other stuff with it...i agree.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The kicker here is supposed to be the "chlorogenic acid" any thoughts on that?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    The kicker here is supposed to be the "chlorogenic acid" any thoughts on that?
    It's also found in coffee (the drink) and tea.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11237928
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think the pills are very helpful for when peoples issues revolve around the amount of food they consume. If you are dieting and excersizing but feeling like you are giving up too much and are always hungry, then the pills can be a lifesaver. I personally do have a bottle of the pills and only take one if I decide to make a 'cheat' meal such as mashed potatoes with chicken and cheese or something. But on normal days that Im eating what im supposed to, I dont feel like I am binging or snacking too much. The pills do work curb your apetite and keep cravings away and keep portions in control which is a lot of peoples weight issues cause. The thing you have to make sure of is to continue eating healthy, and stay at 1200 or more calories a day. As long as your between 12-1400 calories a day and not feeling hungry too often, theres really no reason to take it.