Support Group in Cincinnati?

Options
Hey people!

I've been on this site for a few weeks now and I really enjoy the conversations and support from each and every one of you. I got to thinking, it would be kind of cool to have people who live in or near my city (Cincinnati) to form a support group for health, fitness and nutrition. Maybe this could lead to meet-ups for activities and other things. Hiking, walking, jogging, whatever. Anything "active" that gets us out of the house and up and moving!

I would be willing to head this up if anyone may be interested. I'm not sure how to really do this yet but I will look into it. I am on Facebook if you want to add me. What I can do is create a Facebook Group and invite you to it. I can call it, "Cincinnati Health and Fitness Support Group". lol

I'm looking for feedback here! Let me know if you have any ideas ok?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Let me know, I will add you as a facebook friend also.
  • MyFitnessGuy
    Options
    OK people! I went ahead and created a group on Facebook for local health and fitness fans.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=123626457686745

The group is now published and you can join it. This will be a great way to bring local Cincinnati like-minded people together to share tips on nutrition, motivation and more. Once we get enough participation we can organize outdoor activity events and things like that.

Hope to see you soon!
  • MyFitnessGuy
    Options
    I wanted to clarify that you don't necessarily have to live in Cincinnati to be a part of this group. If you live anywhere NEAR Cincinnati like maybe Kentucky, Indiana, etc.. and want to join our group anyone is obviously welcomed! There may be occasions where we meet up as a "group" so if you live close to the area and want to participate feel free.

Again, please visit the Group I created on Facebook and start reaching out to others. We would love to hear about ideas on future "group" meet-ups and activities.

Some ideas for instance may include nature trail walks, hiking, 5k walks as a "group", volleyball, softball, outdoor aerobics, Frisbee golf, and more! The point is to support one and another and stay active. We live in the day and age of computers and electronic "gadgets" and forget there is a beautiful world outside to enjoy.