Just one month....

Options
ninnyfurr74
ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
Just over a month ago I borrowed a friends glucose meter and found out my blood sugars were running over 160. This was my kick in the butt....

Since then I joined MFP, made some fab friends, started eating right, and most importantly started exercising. I started with baby steps, once around the block on my bike, 7 minutes on the treadmill, and playing in the pool with the kids instead of sitting and reading a book while I watched them. I am amazed at how much just the little changes have made such a huge difference. Keep in mind I HATE to exercise! I have always been one to sit and read or watch tv, or the occasional video game. I am by nature a very sedentary person. I have since come to enjoy my bike rides. My 13yr daughter is my best exercise partner:)

In just a month I have gone from once around the block to 4 mile rides. I quit smoking. I have gone from 7 sit ups at a time to 20. I'm up to 20 minutes on the treadmill. I breathe easier and have more stamina. I have energy as never before! Best of all I have lost 12lbs and 3 inches in my waist. I know I am rambling and there are many many success stories on MFP, but I wanted to write this for me....so that I can look now, and later, and see how far I have come! For one of the very few times in my life, I am PROUD of ME!

Replies

• JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's terrific progress. Good job!
  • kerstinelaine
    kerstinelaine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Woot!
  • jennjenn1245
    Options
    THATS AWESOME!
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and ramble. This is very challenging. You accepted the challenge and proceeded with intelligence. You are not starving yourself or overdoing it. You gradually increased stamina , energy, and motivation followed. Keep it up. There are many good people in this site who will support you. Stay with your goal ... :flowerforyou:
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Have you seen your doctor about your sugar reading? Your reading could be indicative of diabetes. While I applaud you for your lifestyle changes, you may still need medical treatment/management of your condition.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love it! Way to kick *kitten*!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Self-awareness and simple changes change everything! You have every right to be proud of the positive steps you've taken to get take charge of your health. Keep up the good work!
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you too. That's a big change in just a month. Good for you!
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Ladybug, you are awesome!!!
  • IndianPrincess8888
    IndianPrincess8888 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great Job !!!!
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC stuff, well done and keep the good work happening. I too use the phrase "baby steps", they're appropriate in that we're all learning new skills that will have lifelong effects and benefits.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Be proud and keep it moving. I've never moved so much in my life that I have in the past 42 days!! Congrats again!!
  • ninnyfurr74
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive feed back! Kudos always feel good :) I love that about this site. Thanks again all :blushing:
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's some amazing success and great change! Keep up the fine work, keep feeling fantastic about yourself (obviously, you ARE fantastic), and check in with the doc just to make sure everything's in order :smile:
  • franceslynn
    franceslynn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    12 pounds thats amazing ! I currently lost 5 pounds this month, but 12 thats amazing
  • ninnyfurr74
    Options
    Down 15lbs now :) Walk/ran my first mile today, it took forever (22min) but I did it! First time in a long time! Going to do it again tomorrow and see if I can do it faster! Also got an HRM for a more accurate calorie count and loving it! Thanks again for all the positive feed back :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!