INSANITY - Anyone else just start? Success stories?!

Options
Hey guys,

I'm on day 5 of INSANITY. I know there are plenty of INSANITY threads out there but I wanted to start a new fresh one for everyone just starting!

If you finished already ... what kind of results did you see?

I'm anxious to know!!

My husband just started too! He is only on day 2 though!

Lets hear some stories!!! Friend me too!!

Replies

• PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both started the first week of Insanity!
    This morning is Pure Cardio, I am nervous and excited for it!
  • jassoi
    jassoi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    been doing it a few days a week for about 2 months, its still the hardest workout i ever did! always makes you sweat! i still need longer and more breaks during the workouts, but you see results, your cardio gets much better. i can keep up more with it than before! and it tones you up aswel as shredding fat! but the main bit is the diet! without the diet its pointless! keep it up !!
  • enarcho84
    enarcho84 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on day 24! It is definitely the absolute hardest workout I've ever done. I've yet to get through the warm-up without stopping for at least 5 seconds to catch my breath. I'm so terrified, I have a week and a half and then it's month two...I'm so scared of month two lol
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity, but didn't really follow the program. I did the first month about 3 times a week and now only do the month two dvds a couple of times a week for my cardio. I lost a lot of inches, maybe 2 pounds and it was great feeling my endurance increase. It's not one of those programs that gets a lot easier the more you do it, which I enjoy.
  • ERMBSN
    ERMBSN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of week 2. My body doesn't hurt as much as it did in week 1. So far it's been worth the pain. GOOD LUCK!! Don't give up.
  • Jen_niferH86
    Options
    I am on the first week and at the moment I am finding it a lot more manageable than I thought. I have found that the warm up seems to be very long?

I am only loosely following the eating plan - just trying to focus on high protein low fat. I found that they calculate my calories a lot high than MFP, but I have decided to stick with the MFP calories as I am worried about eating more and putting weight back on as I still have a long way to go. What is everybody else doing about this?
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just started on week 4!! I can't follow the meal plan as I am vegan and I am already a very healthy eater. I looked at the meal plan and in my opinion it's not SO healthy...lots of meat and dairy....but each to his or her own ;)
    I also take a lot of ballet and hike so I am super active.
    I don't really have weight to lose...just tightening and some measurement adjustment (want to be less pear;) ) but have been told by a few folks so far that my arms and back look great and I have gotten much stronger already in my core. My ballet shows it! My work on pointe had improved dramatically and I'm loving that!
    My fiancee is doing it too and he is looking so much better though has not lost inches yet...I have heard that that happens more in the second month.

Good luck to all those doing this INSANE programme! It is so tough!
  • evulka21
    evulka21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, so Insanity here I come!
    I am on day five and it's kicking my butt! I love it though, it feels great afterwards.I love that it's simple enough to follow ( can't follow stuff like Zumba, I just get lost in it).
    I find that after each series I have to take a longer break and check my HR, I try to get it get it down to 130-140bpm and it works out for me. After 5 days I can already tell a difference, I can do more and get less winded:)
    Keep it up guys!!!
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X a couple times and I've been running; but this is the 1st time I've done just Insanity. I'm only on Day 3; I've been able to keep up better than I thought I would but I really feel it in my calves--it feels like they're on the verge of cramping all day. I was just looking for a change and this definitely qualifies.

Good luck!
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity. I''m 4'11 and lost 16 pounds, 7inches off my waist and 2.5 inches off each thigh. I'm doing another program now and loving it.
    picture_zpsc9e89fcb.jpg
  • zachherda
    zachherda Posts: 47
    Options
    I am on Month 2 Week 1 and let me tell you it has been a challenging but fun road. When I did the first Fit test on day 1 I thought I was going to die...and the first week was a sore miserable week. But then a funny thing happened. I could do more, less heavy breathing and I suddenly was enjoying it. These work outs are hard no doubt but it is possible! Don't dread month 2, it is definitely more intense, but you are surprised at how far you have come.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 of Insanity tonight!! :) Just finished up week one so far i love it!! Cant wait to see my results!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    im starting day 3 today!! i took my before pictures, cant wait to see the after!! def an intense work out!!!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    wow!!! amazing!
    I love Insanity. I''m 4'11 and lost 16 pounds, 7inches off my waist and 2.5 inches off each thigh. I'm doing another program now and loving it.
    picture_zpsc9e89fcb.jpg
  • ANewBetterManda
    Options
    ive done Insanity! thats the program that started my fitness journey :) started in nov 5th 2012, lost only 7/8 lbs because i wasnt following the meal plan and didnt do so well with eating through the holidays, but i lost over 17 inches throughout my body! went from a size 13/14 to a 9/10. good luck on your journey!!!!
  • SCouture421
    Options
    Wow!! Lots of response !! That is wonderful everyone!! So inspiring !! :) I finished day 5 and I'm soo stiff!! I can't wait to start seeing results !! I better take some before pics !! I forgot to on day 1 !
  • SCouture421
    Options
    Does anyone get really hungry after the insanity workout? Not directly after but a few hours later ! I feel like I just can't get full !! Today though my mom told me to try some yogurt and it helped.. Anyone else have this ??
  • 1975jobu
    1975jobu Posts: 9
    Options
    I just finished last week & dropped 12 lbs. I also ate pretty carefully. Best thing I found was to have a protein shake within 1/2 hour of the workout...it helped curb the hunger and helped with the recovery. Good luck!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm on day 5 of INSANITY. I know there are plenty of INSANITY threads out there but I wanted to start a new fresh one for everyone just starting!

If you finished already ... what kind of results did you see?

I'm anxious to know!!

My husband just started too! He is only on day 2 though!

Lets hear some stories!!! Friend me too!!

I have done Insanity a few times along with hybrids with it and LOVE it! I am in the latest Insanity infomercial also due to my results. If you look at my ticker on my profile you will see what that workout did for me (with P90X, Asylum and P90X2 also!).
  • tracyanna
    tracyanna Posts: 20
    Options
    I graduated from Insanity the middle of June and absolutely loved it! I am now officially addicted to working out -- which wasn't at all the case in the past. I documented my workouts and what I ate in MFP and ended up losing a total of 12.4 pounds and 10 inches overall. The biggest difference was in my legs, butt, and hips.

One thing I did find was that I needed to up my calorie intake after a week or so into the program since I came down with a bad cold. I couldn't figure out why I was getting sick when I was sleeping more, eating healthy, and working out. I calculated my TDEE and BMR and found out that I was under-eating each day by at least 300 calories. It really is true what they say about properly fueling your body when doing such intense workouts.

Best of luck and hang in there -- it is definitely worth it!!