Carb issue

Options
Alairissa
Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
Hey, I need a few suggestions, I keep going over my carbs each day, so what should i do to prevent that from happening even if i am under my calorie goal?

Thanks.

Replies

• axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    If you opened your diary, it would be easier to see what you're eating and what might be easy to change: Food > Settings > Diary Sharing (at the bottom).
  • utvol1982
    utvol1982 Posts: 9
    Options
    Log your food BEFORE you eat and don't deviate from the plan.

Basically... make your food plan out for the day and stick to it.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Log your food BEFORE you eat and don't deviate from the plan.

Basically... make your food plan out for the day and stick to it.

^^ this.... i do this every day and it really helps to keep my cals/macros where i need them...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything too, I know what I'm eating for the day before I have breakfast.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Some people do better on less carbs, some do better on more. Does what you're doing work? Are you satisfied with what you're eating? Does it match your lifestyle and tastes? If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
  • Alairissa
    Options
    I don't know if it works yet or not because i have never loss more than 8 pounds, and then plateaued. (i ended up gaining them back anyways) Also sorry I forgot my diary was closed. I will open it right now. Thanks for your suggestions.

About pre-logging the food, that is really hard to do because I don't cook and therefore have no idea about what i am eating all i can do is control portions. It sounds like a fantastical idea though.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    *mops up drool* Is this a family member making all this? I'd just get a bike and ride another grand worth of calories into the budget :) Maybe not the most practical way to go about it, but I also get that cutting back on the chow might impact how things are with whoever is making it.

Yeah, my diet wouldn't last a day in that household without some major working out. Indian food...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I'd eat ,more protein and fat.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I know i was bad for placing all the importance of the meal on the carbs. I'd skip veggies and eat a carb and some meat. Focus your on getting more protein and fat in your meal. Treat carbs as the extra.
    I also found that having one meal without a typical carb, pasta rice or potato helped me balance my macros.

Also take a look at your snacks. My tending to be carb base, granola bars, crackers, etc and change them up.
  • jonny92b
    jonny92b Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cut out bread, rice, pasta, and potatoes, substitute with beans lentils and chick peas it gets a little boring after a few weeks but I lost over 10lb in 3 weeks doing this. I just stick to a high protein low carb diet with some moderate exercise. My diet is mostly chicken fish or beef with tomato sauce spices herbs and one of the beans
  • Alairissa
    Options
    *mops up drool* Is this a family member making all this? I'd just get a bike and ride another grand worth of calories into the budget :) Maybe not the most practical way to go about it, but I also get that cutting back on the chow might impact how things are with whoever is making it.

Yeah, my diet wouldn't last a day in that household without some major working out. Indian food...

My problem is that another family member is cooking for me.... and I like your suggestions. I want to try cutting out breads and other carbs but my only problem is that my whole diet currently consists on carbs, well indian food always has carbs because they are the basic staple of food in our meals. But thanks for the suggestions.