Chicken as a meal by itself?

Options
Sometimes I cook up about 250g of chicken and use a lite crumb and jus thave it by itself the chicken has so much protein and barely any fat ect and also so quick to make, I was just wondering if this is okay to do? It's just it's sooo nice I thought there is no way this could be healthy but I can't see anything unhealthy about it? I try to hit 1800 - 2000 cal a day with high protein

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    All I'd say is to throw some butter on it and you're good to go.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you're fine with it, calories are calories. There's definitely nothing wrong with lean protein. I personally would add veggies.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Ribeye or go home.
  • weightlossforbrian
    weightlossforbrian Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    how do you cook it?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I have done this before when I'm in a hurry, but usually I throw on some broccoli or beans or rice or something. Nice to get in some fiber as well.
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All I'd say is to throw some butter on it and you're good to go.
    !!!!!!!!! I just had it in a similar way tonight.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it per say, provided you're getting all your micro nutrients in your other meals
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fairly standard dinner for me is chicken but with a few veggies to feel virtuous!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat chicken on its own u may as well eat the skin . Protein + Fat . No carbs
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    A regular lunch for me is a whole chicken from supermarket deli or nandos.
    Sometimes i have a side salad, quite often tho, i'll just have the chicken on its own.
  • DirtyHammer
    DirtyHammer Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do it all the time, hardly ever have a side with my meals. In fact, just ate some blue hakie, no side... Veggies are usually their own meal for me too... So, all good bro..
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I cook up about 250g of chicken and use a lite crumb and jus thave it by itself the chicken has so much protein and barely any fat ect and also so quick to make, I was just wondering if this is okay to do? It's just it's sooo nice I thought there is no way this could be healthy but I can't see anything unhealthy about it? I try to hit 1800 - 2000 cal a day with high protein

Many years ago, I used to know a somebody who did many bodybuilding contests, she did very well in them too and three months before a competition, she would eat loads and loads of chicken and ricecakes,. By the time the competition came round, however, she would say to me "if I never see another piece of chicken or another ricecake, it won't be a moment too soon" - but come the next competition, there she was, eating chicken and ricecakes again :laugh:

Chicken is great and providing you also eat other stuff during the day, nothing wrong with chicken on its own if that's what you want to eat.

I agree, it is such a good source of protein!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    High protein, low fat, low calories.......what's not to like about chicken?

But, there was a reason your mother told you to eat your vegetables; they're full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other micronutrients your body needs. It's all about balance....(well, flavour too)