Fell off treadmill

Options
I am so sore. Still. I fell off a treadmill 4 days ago. Im still sore. Nothing is busted. I was a klutz - right foot hit left leg and down I went. Only thing really broken is my pride. Has anyone else experienced this. Its still sore after 4 days. How long does it take to heal so I can get back on a treadmill?

Thanks.
-Guy-

Replies

• mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how badly you hurt yourself and how fast you heal. Have you been seen by a doctor to make sure everything is ok?
  • glheureux56
    Options
    yep. nothing broken except my pride. deep brusing in my back muscles and elbow. So, I think I will probably go at a slower pace for a shorter time just to stimulate those muscles but nothing like the 5 or 6 miles that I had been walking.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's been a fear of mine, but so far I've managed to avoid it. I would say give it a go on the treadmill again, nice and steady, and if the pain is exacerbated by the walking then stop again. If it's just bruising you'll probably be ok, but be aware of any other warning signs.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened! I worry about it as well, but fortunately (touch wood) it hasn't happened. I walk at work with a treadmill desk, and log usually around 5-7 hours a day on that thing. Mine is wide though, and that helps with the drift. Did you simply drift onto the side? The narrow decks could have that happen easily, as with the shorter decks. If it is your treadmill and it is short and narrow, you might want to consider an upgrade. If it belongs to the gym and is short and narrow, see if you can find a wider one, if that indeed was the issue.

Hope all heals quickly, including your pride. The important thing is that you are okay.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    A soak in some epsom salt might help
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have lost my footing, but have not taken a complete tumble..........yet. It is a fear of mine though.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    So sorry you got hurt, I would think a deep bruise may take a few weeks to feel back to normal but take it slow and just do what you can, if it hurts then stop. Maybe find a way to add swimming in to your workout instead till you feel 100%. I have fallen walking up stairs , total klutz here myself.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My parents used to keep the "dreadmill" in our garage. Super hot out there, but it was fine with lots of water. I got to a run and all was fine until i twisted my ankle. I grabbed onto the rails quickly because letting go would mean being thrown back into my dad's work trailer. I hit my knees, skinned them up pretty good, then they went out from under me and I flipped to my side and skinned my right calf. The stupid connecter didn't break the connection until a few seconds after the skinning of my right leg.

I was probably... 17 or 18? I have been on a treadmill once since then and it was only because my trainer was trying to determine my target heart rate.
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Blimey - I didn't realise you meant this literally. I thought it was a variation on 'fallen off the wagon'!

I once got a concussion when I got distracted on the treadmill. I got flung off and cracked my head against the wall behind.

It's good to keep mobile while you recover (if, that is, you are correct and your injury isn't significant) but do go gently and carefully.

I wish you the speediest of recoveries.
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A soak in some epsom salt might help

Yes, absolutely!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Never fell off but I lost my balance and jumped off to the side once. I don't wear the kill switch cord so it could have been bad had I fallen on the belt.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you got hurt. I fell once but was blessed to have my husband there and some how he caught me. Deep bruising can take 6 weeks to completely heal. I use Village Naturals Therapy Mineral bath soak. 15 minutes before bed in a warm, not hot, bath does wonders. It comes in crystal and liquid form. I prefer the crystals. Wish you the best and a quick recovery.

CW
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I am so sore. Still. I fell off a treadmill 4 days ago. Im still sore. Nothing is busted. I was a klutz - right foot hit left leg and down I went. Only thing really broken is my pride. Has anyone else experienced this. Its still sore after 4 days. How long does it take to heal so I can get back on a treadmill?

Thanks.
    -Guy-

you're sore man, you took a few knocks. Take some anti-inflams, and just take some down time. If it's a week and you're not getting better, see a doctor.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yup, I stepped wrong, hit the non moving part of the treadmill with one foot, went down onto my knee on the leg that was still on the moving part and it shot me backwards into another row of treadmills behind me. All I could do was kind of lie there and laugh for a minute. I banged my knee up pretty good but with some ice and ibuprofen and I was back on a few days later. I didn't let it get to me, so what if there was a guy in the gym who giggled every time he saw me walk in.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It's not your fault, man.

Treadmills are evil and tripping you is the least of your concerns.

Start running outdoors.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Thanks.
    -Guy-

you're sore man, you took a few knocks. Take some anti-inflams, and just take some down time. If it's a week and you're not getting better, see a doctor.

Was just going to say the same. Strains, sprains and contusions take time to heal. Sometimes these things take up to 6 weeks. If you continue to have the same amount of pain for more than a week, it may be worth visiting the doctor. I just strained my left hip - it's not so bad that I can't stop working out but I'm sore. Ice and ibuprofen seems to help. Just don't overdose on the ibuprofen.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    happens man. Listen to ur body
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Nearly a couple of times but so far I have been lucky.
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My dog jumped on when I was on the treadmill one time. Luckily did not fall but it was close. I did feel bad though because I accidentally stepped on his foot. He has not done that since though
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    happened to me more than once - but I am a total klutz! My PT says I am the only person he knows who can hit themselves with a kettlebell every time! I always have a nice line in bruises and grazes.

Hope you heal soon!