breakfast and lunch rut

Options
I would love it if I could get some good, quick, and cheap breakfast and lunch ideas. I'm so tired of the same old thing.

Replies

• Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast I got from Jillian Michaels' website. It's a "banana breakfast shake".

1 cup skim milk
    1 banana sliced up (well, she says 3/4 cup, but I've used one banana every time) - I keep mine in the freezer once I slice them.
    2 tsp natural peanut butter
    and you're supposed to add in 3/4 teaspoon ground flax seeds, but I have yet to do this since I haven't found them yet

Combine them in a blender and mix! You can add in ice cubes if you want, but I choose to freeze my bananas instead.

YUM!!

(I've been known do do this for lunch or dinner...but only one shake per day!)
  • ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with sliced banana in it. Add cinnamon if you like...... YUMMY
  • racmac
    racmac Posts: 81
    Options
    I have porridge or scrambled/poached egg for breakfast or yogurt with banana for breakfast

Lunch - tuna/egg/ham salad/omlette - have a look at my food diary
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of processed food, but keep a close eye on sodium. My breakfasts include kashi golean cereals (delish, high in protein, and fiber), fruit, yogurt, protein shakes, and so on. Lunch is usually a healthy choice meal (love the cafe steamers), or a sandwich.
  • LindseyRenee1
    LindseyRenee1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eggo makes these awesome whole grain low fat waffles that you can eat two for only 140 calories or 1 for 70 and top them off with some light'n fit dannon yogurt (80 cal) and some strawberries or blueberries and you got yourself a low calorie breakfast that is pretty amazing:-)

For lunch/dinner i do these amazing tacos!!! Get yourself some lean ground turkey, brown two ounces, and then there are some awesome Buena Vida (low carb) whole wheat tortillas (70 calories for one) and there is low sodium taco seasoning (1 tbsp), and some lettuce and low fat cheddar cheese and you got yourself an amazing lunch/dinner for like 220 calories!!!

I like to think of foods i reallly like, and then try to make em low fat/low calorie that way you arent depriving yourself and you get a great tasting meal that fits right into your diet!! <3 it!!

Let me know if you need anymore ideas!!
  • lambocj
    lambocj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I love to fix southwestern eggbeaters and add additional green peppers and onions and also top with 1/2 slice .....yummmm sometimes I have 3 slices of mush (I spray a skillet with Pam olive oil and fry it up) Also, usually have Activia yogurt along with that.
  • lambocj
    lambocj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oops.....forgot to tell you i add a 1.2 slice of american cheese on the southwestern eggbeater breakfast or sometimes I use the Laughing Cow cheese wedge....whichever flavor I have on hand at the time. :happy:
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I hate eating breakfast, so no matter what I eat, it's a chore. I usually have a granola bar or a grapefruit (I peel and eat like an orange, so it's still an "on the go" food.)

For lunch, I'm on a hummus and pita kick right now.
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually a Special K cereal especially the yougurt and chocolate (with a few slices of banana). I'm not a big eater but it keeps me going until lunch where I pretty much eat what I want but do it on the run so I can't go back for 2nds :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I've been on a bagel kick lately -- whole wheat or everything bagel with 2 TBSP light cream cheese or with some peanut butter. When I am actually in a breakfast mood, I like to do 1 egg with 2 egg whites, scrambled with whatever veggies I have on hand (usually green pepper and onion, mushrooms if I am lucky). I also like oatmeal (old-fashioned), smoothies or smoothie pops, honey nut cheerios, or whole wheat pancakes (I have a recipe that is easy to make, freeze and reheat for a quick breakfast!)

For lunch I have usually been eating leftovers from dinner. Last week I ate Taco Soup which I made earlier in the week. I also like tuna salad with other salad ingredients or just on whole wheat bread or I'll do PBJ or peanut butter/banana on whole wheat bread as long as I am getting in veggies with breakfast & dinner.
  • CougsMom125
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I appreciate it.