Myfitnesspal Reports with iIteractive Graphs

Options
Hey all,

So I got a little tired of the default graphs that are shown in the reports section. So I built my own handy bookmarklet, which at a click of a button, shows me much interactive graphs, to zoom in on all your data so you can see much more information.

I found it really helpful, so I thought I'd share with everyone else.

sendsteven.com/2013/02/03/myfitnesspal-reports-bookmarklet/

Edit:

Images
after2.png

Edit 2:
This project is free to use and the code is online for all to see. (For the fellow geeks out there)
https://github.com/stevenirby/myfitnesspal-reports#myfitnesspal-reports

It may take a minute or so to load all the data, and I did not test this in IE only Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Neat idea!

It doesn't seem to work in Chrome 24 though
  • kilroy123
    kilroy123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Uh oh really? Does anything load? I'm using the same browser, and everything seems to work in chrome and Firefox.
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    And Chrome needed an update and now it does.

It just stuck on the spinner the last couple times.

Now it's good - and VERY cool.
  • kilroy123
    Options
    Yeah, it can take a little while to load the data, but it shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    That's really cool... I like the zoom.
  • kilroy123
    Options
    Thank you. :)

You can also click on a date to see your diary entry for that day, but only when not in zooming mode.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    Bump
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    Bump - It's been a couple months and this is still awesome.
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    Bump - still awesome...
  • deadwax
    deadwax Posts: 27
    Options
    I cannot get this to run for me in FF. :/
  • alanpaulyoung
    Options
    this is brilliant - thanks.
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    Bump - It's been a couple months.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    bookmarking :drinker:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Great idea but it is not working for me. I have Chrome 29 - most current version. When I click on the saved bookmarklet button it just takes me to http://jsfiddle.net/6zHWg/ Am I missing something?
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    Did you drag the link into your bookmark toolbar?

Not sure where the jsfiddle connection would come from - maybe you have something setup in your browser for that?

You could just create a bookmark to:

javascript:(function(){function addScript(src,cb){var script=document.createElement('script');script.src=src;document.documentElement.appendChild(script);}addScript('http://raw.github.com/stevenirby/myfitnesspal-reports/master/nutrition.js');})();
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I had copy/pasted instead of dragging & that made the difference. I dragged it & got the correct page. It is slow to respond & I get a pop-up that the page is unresponsive but it eventually shows the information.

Very cool to see these two combined.

This confirms that my body loses fat best when I eat more calories as opposed to very low. Combining eating enough with getting enough sleep on a regular basis results in an even better loss. The chart doesn't show the sleep but I track that with an app.

I really like seeing the average of everything over time, too. It makes it easier to see where improvements can be made.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    You could just create a bookmark to:

javascript:(function(){function addScript(src,cb){var script=document.createElement('script');script.src=src;document.documentElement.appendChild(script);}addScript('http://raw.github.com/stevenirby/myfitnesspal-reports/master/nutrition.js');})();

Thanks! This worked!
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    Very glad it's working for you both!

Yes! The averages are super-useful. Vitamins, macros, calories, workout minutes, etc - lots of these are more useful and interesting to me when displayed as a average over a specified period of time.

kilroy123 has really made a very useful tool.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Bump