FTW?!?!?!?!?!

Options
So I went to the doctor, the same doctor I weighed myself at less than a month ago, and they said I gained 13 pounds! This baffles me because my clothes don't fit any tighter and in fact I was able to buy a size 8 blouse at H&M while in Las Vegas two weeks ago. I also had to go down half a shoe size!

I did have to recently go on steroids because asthma and it's it that TOM, but 13 pounds!!! Really!?!

Even the doctor was a little bit mystified, but said to come back in three weeks to see if there is any change.

I need a little insight here!

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I know that steroids will cause weight gain...plus TOM doesnt help.....do u know if thats one of the side effects from your particular meds
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It does, but I've never had it do it so quickly and so much!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I glimpsed at your diary...sodium may be part of the issue too ..so all 3 combined may be the issue
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    one of my friends i used to work with went on steroids and she gained 20lbs in 5 weeks so its very possible that its the steroids. im sorry to hear your having problems hopefully things will get better for you. keep your head up and stay motivated not only for your weight but for your whole health
  • goodgollymrsholly
    Options
    If you have been on steroids for a long while that could cause weight gain, but if it was for like a month like a medrol dose pack that should not affect you at all..What is your dose of you steroids you on ?? And what is the name if you dont mind me asking ? Maybe water weight ??
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Since your clothes haven't changed in the way they fit, it may be muscle if you are still able to work out. As already mentioned it could be water weight. If it is actually fat gained, then it could just be going places that doesn't really affect how you clothes fit. I suppose a thin layer all over wouldn't really be noticeable, or if its gone to your bust, most of the time that wouldn't affect the fit of your clothes, except for your bra. Steroids do weird stuff to people, so my go-to solution is shrug and sigh....
  • mizzred4
    Options
    I was on steroids and in one month I had gained 13 lbs. My clothes fit the same but yet I still weighed more. I'm no DR. but I think that may be the reason. :) Hope this helps. :)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My salt intake is bad, but the funny thing is my cholesterol is good and my blood pressure is on the low side.

That is my real battle.