Alcohol Calories

Options
emAZn
emAZn Posts: 413 Member
With the upcoming holiday almost here I'm wondering what people are doing with their alcohol calories? In past I chose not to track my alcohol calories because I'm a 24 year old who drinks and hangs out with a bunch of drinkers so it's usually not just one or two that I need to worry about but the all night girls nights and the all day sporting events. I drink vodka diets or light beer so it's not like I'm drinking a lot of juice mixes or craft beers but I know they still add up.

My plan is to track them this holiday and this weekend but not actually count them for my total calorie consumption. I think it's good to be educated on how many I drink but for fun's sake I'm still gonna drink em :)

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I track my alcohol calories but it's out of habit at this point - I drink probably every other weekend :)
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I track my alcohol calories but I don't drink very much anymore and I'm almost twice your age. Probably not the answer you were looking for. Have a happy 4th.
  • texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I track mine no matter how many. If I know I have a client dinner or a party or something I often track them ahead of time so that I have some idea of how many calories I am drinking. It makes it easier to stop at a few instead of several (sometimes) :-). Also, I count it in my daily calories.
  • Jewels_in_the_rough
    Jewels_in_the_rough Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm also 24 years old, and drinking is still a part of my life as well. If it's a couple of beers, I'll try to figure out the calories, or at least an estimate, and quick add them into my diary. If it's a night that I'm drinking a lot, and really have no idea what I drank, I'll just make a note in the note section so that I know if I want to look back at patterns or anything.

And I generally don't worry about working them into my goals, either. If I plateau, I know I may need to change this, but for now, I'm still getting the results I want.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday. I drink and don't log a damn thing. I'll still get a run in tomorrow and the rest of my week will be good, but I'm not going to worry about tracking every beer or bourbon that I consume.
  • Bean515
    Bean515 Posts: 97
    Options
    We're drinking right now. Me and celo that is. And not counting it
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    We're drinking right now. Me and celo that is. And not counting it

True story. Measles is drinking too. There are no cat pads in Hell.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It depends if you want an accurate calorie log. There are loads of calories in alcohol; if you don't log them, you won't know how many calories you are consuming, so won't know if you are on, under, or more likely over target.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I log them, but sometimes I get too drunk to remember them all!

If I'm going out for an occasion, I'll save some cals in the bank throughout the week and/or have a big workout beforehand. That way I find I can let my hair down every so often without worrying too much.

:drinker:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I track all my alcohol calories. There are so many calories (and it can lead to bad food choices) I would have no success if I didn't. I've switched to G&T (slimline) before dinner as its 56 calories instead of the 200-ish for a bottle of beer as a pre-dinner drink. On holiday I'm going to switch to maintenance - i'm still going to track everything, but not stress about going over. But we tend to be quite active so I'm hoping I'll burn most of it off.

I am a LOT older than you though!
  • ShengHuo
    ShengHuo Posts: 42
    Options
    I log them because I like to think alone the lines of:

wine=grapes=fruit=good for you
    vodka=potatoes=vegetable=good for you
    beer=grains=good for you

:D
  • DirtyHammer
    DirtyHammer Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just log what you can remember the day after. If you dont want "Booze" showing up in you diary, just add them as quick calories. Or, sometimes I'll just eat way less for the day and get my party on. That way, I save on calories and the effects are quicker, thus also translating to fewer calories. ;) But, also translating to an enhanced hangover. Whichever way, have them Ibproufins handy. lol!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Never logged alcohol, never logged exercise.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's it's during the week I will log alcohol calories and make sure they fit within my calorie goal.

If it's the weekend I don't care how much I drink but I will log out of habit anyway.