Beer and Calories

Options
Hello everyone! I'm not usually a beer drinking but my brother-in-law is home for two weeks from Afghanistan and we're going to celebrate tonight. I got some Hoffbrau Oktoberfest and some locally crafted beers... one like Blue Moon, a red ale, and a hefe weizen. I'm wondering if there's any generalization for calories that any of you know of. What I'm thinking is... um... something like are darker, heavier beers usually higher in calories or anything like that so I can still have a calorie consideration while enjoying a few tasty fall treats. Thanks for any insight you can share! =D

Replies

• RominaSullivan
    Options
    i loooooove beer and have been having a hard time on the weekends cause I can consume a lot of my calories drinking :-( Lately I've been drinking the light (boring ones) like coors light, bud light, etc. They at least take my craving away and are about 100-115 calories each. The ones I like the most (Blue moon style) can be from 150-200 calories each.

Here's a site you can use to get an idea. If the beer you are drinking is not listed here, just think of a similar one. They are usually listed here in MFP's database as well, so you can try looking them up!

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

Have fun and enjoy your time with your brother-in-law!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy yourself while your brother in law is home! Im a military wife and i know how hard it is having a loved one away and the times you have with them when they are home are priceless so i say don't worry about calories for a few days and just enjoy having him home and that he is safe!!!!! And once he is gone or the party is over then jump back on the wagon!
  • DawnElisabeth
    Options
    Thanks for that website Romina! I'll check it out for sure! :)
  • DawnElisabeth
    Options
    Tammietifanie, you are so totally right! I was thinking I'd try to have fun and be responsible at the same time but I think you point out something very key, it'll be such a short visit I need not loose track of my cause for joy. :D It's not like I'll get sloshed anyways, I'm not a heavy drinker, but boy o' boy these are some good beers, lol! Thank you!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy yourself while your brother in law is home! Im a military wife and i know how hard it is having a loved one away and the times you have with them when they are home are priceless so i say don't worry about calories for a few days and just enjoy having him home and that he is safe!!!!! And once he is gone or the party is over then jump back on the wagon!

I absolutely second this!

It is not as if you intend to strap a keg of beer to your back and continuously drink through a straw anyway! Have a great time! :flowerforyou: