Preparing fitness to join the army

Options
Hey guys,
so after a long look at future career aspects, i have decided to bite the bullet and apply to the army. I have been slowly building my health and fitness after a massive lifestyle change late last year. I am now able to run 3km straight, perform the necessary situps required for the fitness test, but I cannot do a push up to save myself (the test requires me to do ten). I need help on how to build up my upper body strength for this. I have about a 2-3 month time-frame. Has anyone done this before, and can give me any advice? Thanks :)

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    download the 100 push up app for your phone. they also have a website.

if you can't do a normal push up, do modified push ups on your knees. if that is still hard, do them against a wall or chair.

make sure your form is correct http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/02/15/proper-push-up/
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That's great thanks!
  • DirtyHammer
    DirtyHammer Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Standard Pull Ups, Standard Sit-Ups, Standard Push-Ups, and lots of higher speed pace running. This is the standard ops in the military world. Plan on some jumping jacks and burpees too. Have fun and well done on serving your country!