Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options
Anyone doing this program? I am on week 4. Very nervous on moving on to week 5 next week.

Replies

• jdp9130
    jdp9130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How has it been so far? I started with the Power90 series and will move on to Body Revolution next.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    So far so good... i have to modify lots... hard to do some of her moves with the weight I am at. Hoping to complete it and try it again later on. I haven't dropped lots of weight so far or inches... hoping it's coming. I hear you see most of the changes in Phase 2
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    On week 6 for me! so DVD 5 & 6 certainly doable but is certainly getting harder! I lost 3lbs at 1st month weigh, 1inch from hips, nothing from waist, breast or middle of stomach, 0.3inch on left and right thighs. Photo certainly noticed the trimming of body, not a huge amount, but certainly noticable, not just me but others (post pics on facebook!). Keep at it and you will notice the changes, do take photos and measurements. Will weight, measure, photo again at end of week 8. Good luck! p.s. I'm not following her diet plan either, as I'm not on a diet, I'm on a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4. I love it. I did a full month before I broke my toe and had to start all over. I really love it. I modified it so that this time I'm doing cardio and strength everyday. It's definitely one of those programs where you want to take your measurements more than you want to track your weight though. I don't bother with the diet plan either, but I do net 1200 calories. I burn A LOT when I workout so I love being able to eat more.
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    I just did weeks 9 and 10 over again for 2 reasons. First because it is the july 4 week and I didn't want to start 11 and 12 and second, I'm really afraid to start 11 and 12. I didn't notice any changes until the middle/end of phase 2 and then the changes were huge. Week 7 is a bit daunting but 8 is somewhat less grueling. I've also notice that the first time starting a new one (like the first time I did 7 and then the first time I did 8), I could just make it through it if I really pushed. The second time around is a little better. By the 3rd and 4th time I really feel like I can do it -- still really a hard workout though so don't get me wrong. So far I'm glad that I did it. Since starting I've lost 10 lbs and 1.5 in off my waist, 2 in off my cumberbun, 1 in off my hips, 1/2 in off my thighs. I also feel much stronger. I start each new week with lower weights to work on my form and then start increasing the weight with each go round on those weeks. I don't do the cardio though. I golf, kayak, do hip hop abs, or anything else. I also don't follow the meal plan. It is important to take the rest days when you're supposed to. That's when I notice the biggest changes in my body. I also really upped my calorie intake. I was getting sluggish. Read this (and much more) and it has helped me a lot:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Have fun, don't be afraid, and I wish you the best!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That's good news! I am hoping for some noticeable changes!! I did take my measurements didn't notice much in the first 2 weeks. Will be taking measurements again this weekend.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I should also say I double up on taking a Spin class (Wednesdays), Pilates (Thursday), Body Attach followed by Body pump (only do 35 mins of an hour class though - Saturdays). Totally rest on Sundays, don't even go for a walk, but doing the usual household cleaning, cooking, ironing etc, lol.....