Hi All, Time to make a change :)

Options
maQmIgh
maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
Hi all,

Ive had an account with this website since June last year (thanks to downloading the iPhone app. But stopped using it shortly after the install (due to laziness :( )

I reinstalled that app 2 weeks ago and have been using it daily.

I am 171lbs in weight at the moment... but my goal is to get to 146lbs

Wish me luck :D

Replies

• Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It will happen if you have the determination to log daily and stick to the calorie goals. I am an old dude (translated, that means slower metabolism and less active daily schedule) and have never been good at turning down food. I only had about 20 pounds to lose and wanted to shrink my old guy belly. I have hit my goal today after being on here since mid-January this year. It has not felt like a diet and has simply been making better decisions about what I eat and controlling portion sizes. Following MFP gradually changes our eating habits and the weight slowly comes off. Get some MFP friends to encourage you and be prepared to see your life change. It's great!
  • juutorrette
    juutorrette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    good lucky
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on hitting your goal :D

For me the calorie counting isnt like a diet... its like torture lol

I have never eaten healthy or large meals, I only ever ate when I was hungry, but the lack of calories made my body forget to communicate with me and I used to go days without food because i 'wasnt hungry' which only made me store it all when I finally did eat.

The last 2 weeks have been hell because I finally realised where I was going wrong (only took me 32 years lmao) and Ive been upping my calorie intake, but its been making me feel quite uncomfortable and nauseous as ive been eating way more than my stomach is used too (i went from 700/800 calories to 1200.. and now am upping it to 1487).

Im sure with self determination i will get there, as long as i can keep the motivation going ;)