shoes!

Options
ok, so i've seen many ads for some tennis shoes that burns more calories as you walk and also tones your legs and butt...has anyone seen success with them?...and which brand is the best?

Replies

• Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair of Skechers Shape-ups and they definitely work your backside more than a regular shoe. I don't know that there's a huge difference between them and other shoes if you're working out and trying to get in shape, but it doesn't hurt.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the shape-ups? I have no experience with them personally, and I don't think they burn more calories, but I have a friend who wears them to work, and she says she can really feel them toning her thighs and butt. She didn't wear them for a few days, and then she did, and she really felt the burn again. From what I understand, you really have to walk heel-to-toe so that they'll work, but it's worth a shot I suppose. Good luck!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Saw something on TV that said they don't really work you out but they are very comfortable. My husband bought some Sketchers and he loves how comfortable they are. He has been able to walk with me a little and his bone spur on his foot hasn't bothered him. They make you a little off balance so be careful. The lady that reviewed them on the TV bit said that Reebok ones were her favorites with the Sketchers second. They are expensive though and can only be worn for walking, not regular exercise or running.
  • cindyss
    cindyss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have both Skeechers and Avias, I like the Avias better, and they were $20 cheaper, I don't know about the shaping and toning, but I have less heel pain while wearing them, both when walking and I also wear them at work on my feet all day. so yes I like them, and for roughly $100 I think it's worth it
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    They mess with balance. I think one is more likely to twist an ankle than lose weight with them.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!