Middle aged woman desperately seeking self

Options
I am a 45 year old woman with grown children, I am overweight, and starting to experience health issues. High blood pressure, problems with my knees and back, and thyroid issues(I have had thyroid issues before I gained this weight). I would like to lose about 100lbs but realistically I would be tickled pink to hit the 50lb mark. I am single so I dont have much motivation on the home front so any friends I can make here would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 45. No kids of my own. But 18 every day that I send home with their parents at night. I've lost 20 pounds so far since I joined this site, and plan to go for about 10 more, maybe 20 more. We'll see. I have the high blood pressure thing going on too. I'm going to friend request you. Let's do this together!
  • NJWright731
    NJWright731 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in my early 50s and have about 100lbs to lose. Feel free to friend me.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Today is a great day to begin...so log everything, get in a good walk or other exercise...and you're on your way! If things aren't perfect today (many days they aren't) then you'll have an idea of where to make changes. Finding out where you're at right now in terms of calories, etc., is a great help. Setting goals like improving your health and looking and feeling better can be very powerful and MFP gives you the tools to help you with that. Wishing you the best...Happy 4th!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Today is a great day to begin...so log everything, get in a good walk or other exercise...and you're on your way! If things aren't perfect today (many days they aren't) then you'll have an idea of where to make changes. Finding out where you're at right now in terms of calories, etc., is a great help. Setting goals like improving your health and looking and feeling better can be very powerful and MFP gives you the tools to help you with that. Wishing you the best...Happy 4th!

Yes! I agree 100%..... today especially is the perfect day to start..

I've already sent you a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    Hello....I am 48 and very supportive...feel free to add me :)