NOOB- I need friends..LOL...Post RNY

Options
MTLCurves
MTLCurves Posts: 14 Member
Hello everyone,

A little about me... When my journey started I weighed 305 lbs. Now 33, I have struggled with weight my entire life. After YEARS of dieting and trying to lose weight, and gaining my last 40lbs over the last 5 years or so, I decided to get WLS. My surgery of choice was the RNY gastric bypass. I had my surgery on March 26,2013. To date(2 months in) I am down 55 lbs.

The last month or so I have been losing VERY slowly, so, I could of continued to stay home and continue to lose weight at the slow pace that was, or I could join the gym lose weight faster, while gaining muscle or become more then just bones in a bag of lose skin. This week I decided that physically and mentally I was ready to join the gym, so I joined my local YMCA. And so glad I did. Even though I am sore and a little tired, I am so proud of myself that finally my health is priority on my life.

Note Not for those with a weak stomach..: My WLS has not been an easy ride. Since the beginning I have had a stricture. That's a tightening of the opening of the place where my intestine is attached to my stomach. So I often can not eat much at all, and it takes me forever. And some foods are just a no no, and sometimes I don't know how I will react to the food, and it might come right back up.

Because I had a stricture one evening(1 week ago) I was bringing up something I eat that was just a no go, there was blood. So I rushed to the ER, thinking I might have ripped or disrupted my surgery. I was given and endoscopy(down your throat with a cam into stomach).. Turns out the blood was an ulcer.

Despite this, I am still glad I had the surgery and don't regret it one bit. It was definalty the best thing I could have done to aid in my gaining of my life back!

I would love to gain some new friends to compare food plans and exercise... keep each other on track...

Take care, That chick from Montreal, Veronica

Replies

• Ralph113
    Ralph113 Posts: 25
    Options
    Congrats on your efforts. While I may not be working on a large weight loss this for me has been all about establishing a healthy life style and this can be a struggle for anyone. Besides who cant use freinds, so please feel free to add me. At this point my goals are to try and establish not only healthy eating habits but a consistent work out routine.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Same here.. always welcome new friends! Feel free to send a fr. request. :D
  • MTLCurves
    MTLCurves Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ralph... Large or small weight loss, even maintaining it doesn't matter, The input is always appreciated!
  • curlygirly73
    curlygirly73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to cheer you on! Feel free to add me as well. I've been struggling for several years myself and feel like I am finally at a turning point so i'm on MFP everyday.
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I, too, will be happy to cheer you on. I had a RNY in 2001. I can honestly say that I was not the ideal patient, and after an initial and steady weight loss from close to 300 lbs down to 158, I screwed it up. I grazed my way back up into the 230ish range. So, I do know the joys of the surgery, and I do know the pitfalls. If I can say or do anything at all that will make your journey easier than mine, I would be happy, happy, happy! Take care, be well, keep up the good work. And, if I may give one piece of advice- log everything.( I am now happily logging my way back down the scale. )
  • LOOHOO60
    LOOHOO60 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have struggled with this all my life. Up and down. You are not alone. Good luck to you.
  • Ali31886
    Ali31886 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I had RNY feb 2012. Went from 449-221 now. I'm actually Pregnant with my 2nd child as my first was born still born due to complications I had with a twisted intestine. I am now being watched very closely to maintain my weight since surgery i have not stopped losing so I'm on a strict eating schedule with doctors to take in 2300 calories first and second trimester. I'm doing OK with it altho its tough but just looking for some fellow WLS people on here. Feel free to add me if you'd like. hope your all doing well in this journey!
  • swoods516
    swoods516 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had RNY almost 10 years ago and have had my share of ups and downs. I never reached my goal. I am now headed back in the right direction again and hope to be back to my original loss soon. Then on to my goal weight. Anyone can feel free to add me.