5.2 Diet...

Options
i'm new to mfp and was thinking of doing this along with it .is anyone else doing it .

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    There is an intermittent fasting board on this website. You'll find a ton of information regarding 5:2 on there...

BTW - I've done it, it works.
  • mandapanda721
    Options
    The 5:2 diet.....Well, it does work, but prepare to only live 5 out of 7 days.

I have never done it, but my dad has. He doesn't weight himself but just by looking at him, he looks slimmer and more energetic. Since April he must have lost 15 pounds, and he originally weighed maybe 200 something? Now he's probably 195....

ANYWAY. Although this diet has worked for him, on the two days when he doesn't eat, it SUCKS. He is tired, cranky, irritable, inattentive, and lazy! He must feel terrible because he can't function, but it also affects others around him! I will say something to him and a few second later, "......huh?". I can't eat around him because it's just a mean thing to do when he can't have any food. All he does the whole day is sit on the couch. He gets grumpy too. The other day in the food store, he was in the produce section and freezing his butt off. This is normal, but see he neeeevvvverr gets cold, even in the winter with snow outside he just wears a flannel, so it was weird. He seriously just sits on the couch the whole day with the lights out and the tv on and dozes off.

On days when he does eat, everything is fine and normal. He seems healthier and has a pep in his step! That was a weird thing to say but it's the only way I can describe it. I think that this is the result of weight loss on any diet though.

So, my point is, the 5:2 diet does work, but you're going to have to sacrifice 2 days of your week being a zombie. If you have that kind of time, or have a desk job and live a pretty sedentary lifestyle, then more power to you. But if your job requires you to move around a lot or if you simply just dont have the time to give up 2 days of the week, DONT DO IT. I think it's so much easier just to cut out some calories every day or go on a low carb diet, that way you have food everyday and therefore can function and feel better.