Help - How many calories would you estimate to be in this?

hgycta
hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
Hi, so as a birthday present my parents ordered Cupcakes in a Jar for me from https://wickedgoodcupcakes.com/shop/wicked-good-to-go.aspx. She ordered "The Wicked Good" for me, which is described as:
"Our signature flavor. A peanut butter cupcake, loaded with chocolate chips and layered with chocolate ganache and peanut butter frosting." (you can find a picture of it by clicking on the link provided above)
However, I have absolutely NO idea how many calories are in each jar! Their cupcake jars are labeled as weighing 8 ounces, and are said to contain nearly two cupcakes per jar.
I contacted them but they were unable to provide any estimates of their nutrition.
So my question is this: About how many calories would you log this item as? I was thinking around 2,000, but I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and opinions as well! I figured if I portioned it into four separate servings, each around 500, it shouldn't be too far off. But I have no idea haha.
Thanks so much for all of your help, you guys are the greatest! :)

Replies

• sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    I have no idea, I'd probably eat the whole jar in one sitting and never look back lol.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    O.o Assume the worst and enjoy anyway. You can break it down by ingredients but I'm guessing that entire thing would break the calorie bank for the week.

Rough estimate is 2-3000 for the whole thing. Take like cough syrup: one tablespoon at a time.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I'm not going to lie, I've contemplated doing this multiple times haha xD I plan to be good, but in reality... that's probably what's going to happen ;P
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Well it's your birthday AND a holiday, so clearly cake calories don't exist today ;) I say go for it. You only get one birthday a year!
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Its your birthday. On my birthday I don't count calories. I eat what I want and get back on track the next. day. Just eat it and don't feel guilty about it. One bad day won't hurt you!