Lunches on the go

Options
I have recently gotten a new job, :happy: , and I start Monday. I will be traveling most days. At the job I'm currently leaving, I just go home and fix lunch, it's about a 4 minute drive from my office to my house. What do you guys pack for lunch if you travel? So far I've got laughing cow cheese and crackers, and sugar snap peas on my grocery list. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• chrisilouhoo
    chrisilouhoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    sugar snap peas - yum!

I've been on a dried apple and mango slices kick (no sugar added) but I could use some new ideas for variety myself.
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do alot of sandwich wraps in the smaller fajita size tortilla shells, slap some cheese, chicken/turkey, etc, spinach, mustard, mayo if you want and stick them in a zippy sandwich bag and toss them in my lunch bag with a freezie thing. If you use the smaller tortillas, they fit perfect into the sandwich bag. I take 2 or 3 of them depending on the day plus all my snacks.

I never know what my day will be like, if I will be in the office, eating at my desk or actually getting a lunch break and the wraps are easy to eat one handed in the car, plane, truck, on the computer, etc. (and they don't get as soggy as bread or messy imo?)

You can mix it up with hardboiled eggs, and vary the greens? Personal favorite is plain tuna with a spicy coleslaw (kind of like a fish taco, but on the cheap?) Chicken and avocado is also great as is turkey, couple of strips of bacon and sliced roma tomatoes.

I normally make a package of bacon every sunday and just freeze the cooked bacon in a gallon zippy bag, easy to just grab a couple of slices out for the wraps. I also make about a dozen hard boiled eggs for the week while the bacon is cooking. Easy and portable. Pre slice the brick cheese for snacks and have it handy in the fridge for when I toss everything into my lunch bag at night. Pre-cut carrots, radishes, jicima, etc. And yes, I eat pretty much the same thing every day during the week, especially in busy season at work. But the prep helps and I know I will have enough food to get me through the day. I also keep a jar of peanut butter in my desk.

Congrats on the new job! :flowerforyou:
  • martasmith54584
    Options
    Without access to a microwave then I would take stuff in a little cooler, salad, boiled eggs, almonds, yogurt etc. If you like tuna lucky you! I am not eating bread or anything processed but seem to have many options.
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I thought about making some tuna salad and bringing crackers. I'm ok with pretty much eating the same thing every day throughout the week, so I should be good if I can get into a routine. Thanks guys!