Need Yummy Dessert

Options
change30
change30 Posts: 22 Member
Ok Everyone, the 5th is my Birthday and I can't have cake way too many calories! What is a Yummy dessert to make for myself, family and friends. Any good suggestions?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Ok Everyone, the 5th is my Birthday and I can't have cake way too many calories! What is a Yummy dessert to make for myself, family and friends. Any good suggestions?

why can't you have cake on your birthday..? Its one day out of the year....
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I agree. Have cake. It's one day. Go for a run that morning if it will make you feel better, but unless you eat the whole cake, you won't gain weight.
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, there is a low calorie pineapple/strawberry Angel food cake listed on the recipe forum,( 1st or 2 nd page I think)........... I made it about 2 weeks ago and it was good, for a 2x2 in square I calculated it to be about 75 calories per square.........hope this helps:smile:
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1/12 of a regular angel food cake is about 72 calories. Even with frosting, I bet it's under 2-300. Alternatively, do an incredibly rich cake and just eat a tiny bit (but enough to feel satisfied). Even if it's a 500 calorie hit, it's just one day and you can make it up by eating a little under during the rest of the week
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    The angel food cake thing is okay. It's one box of angel food cake mix and either a can of crushed pineapple or a can of pie filling. That's it. Pour it into a 9x13 pan and bake till done. Or any box cake or brownie mix with a can of diet soda.

Or have real cake.
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've had the angel food cake with crushed pineapple - it's delicious!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries. Mix Ricotta Cheese with a bit of Cointreau, and use that for dipping. Or Chocolate dipping sauce is good too. If you want, you can stick to the strawberries by themselves.

Have a selection of desserts or high quality chocolates available in small portion sizes, so everyone can choose, and you can choose the thing that you want.

Fruit and cheese platter.

And... Happy Birthday!
  • change30
    Options
    Thanks Everyone, and for the recipes!!!! Those who asked why I can't have cake.....honestly, It's like an addiction once I have a piece I want another one so it's just best I find an alternative dessert that is healthier, and even tho I would like to have that Control to just have one piece and be satisfied, I know I would give in and binge> I'm still a work in progress.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Do you like apples, strawberries, or peaches? If so, take a small amount of sugar, a spice (cinnamon for apples, lemon zest for strawberries, or nutmeg with the peaches) and a chopped up fruit of your choice. Saute them in coconut oil for about 2-3 minutes then take out. Drop a spoonful of Nutella on them while still warm and dig in. It's like a chocolate fruit pie without the crust.
  • change30
    Options
    Now we're talking 75 cals I can do that!!!! Thank You!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone, and for the recipes!!!! Those who asked why I can't have cake.....honestly, It's like an addiction once I have a piece I want another one so it's just best I find an alternative dessert that is healthier, and even tho I would like to have that Control to just have one piece and be satisfied, I know I would give in and binge> I'm still a work in progress.

we are all a work in progress! I agree, if any of us could just eat one piece of cake or do food in moderation there wouldn't be so many overweight people on here! Moderation is tough! Like you I just don't even start with the addicting food or I have a hard time stopping...
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Do you like apples, strawberries, or peaches? If so, take a small amount of sugar, a spice (cinnamon for apples, lemon zest for strawberries, or nutmeg with the peaches) and a chopped up fruit of your choice. Saute them in coconut oil for about 2-3 minutes then take out. Drop a spoonful of Nutella on them while still warm and dig in. It's like a chocolate fruit pie without the crust.

Looks great...
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    how about getting single portions of something decadent (if that's what you want)? this way, no leftovers.

Or go with cheesecake - cheesecake can seriously be made low fat, and garnished with fresh fruit, and who doesn't love cheese cake (except all you's who don't :wink: ).

I have a birthday coming up too and i think that what i'm going to do is get *a* decadent dessert and share it with my son. I'm not going to make it, even though i could make it cheaper and better at home, because if i make it at home i'm going to eat more than *a* portion. they make these great individual gooey triple layer chocolatty nutty things. Or maybe not. We'll see what happens when the day comes...
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oh and this:
    birthday_142.gif
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Have a small piece of your favourite cake or even better split a regular sized one with a friend. Are you going to never eat cake again, ever in your entire life? You need to learn how and when to indulge. Your birthday is one of those occasions where it's okay to relax and enjoy yourself, in fact it's very healthy.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a weirdo who actually doesn't like cake ???? then you celebrate your birthday with cake!! It's once per year. This is a lifestyle change not a diet. Cake is allowed! ????????????

Enjoy your birthday! ????????????????????????
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

ehhh so what? you have two slices of cake on your birthday ..big deal...you are not going to gain 10 pounds in one day...just saying..
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options

How many people will you be sharing your "birthday treat" with? Arrange to have "just enough" for everybody, so the chance of leftovers is small, and if you do have any, send them home with said family and friends to avoid temptation on July 6.

An alternative to cake would be some sort of "decadent" parfait - could do it with no fat greek yogurt instead of whipped cream or blanc mange to "healthify" it. Individual servings help control portions. A cup of plain greek yogurt with cocoa powder and fruit is probably easily under 250 calories and rather nutritionally dense.
  • Lillith23
    Lillith23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well happy birthday later:) Another tip you can utilize, especially if you go with a regular cake and are afraid of over eating, once you have your piece, stay away from the food table so it wont tempt you and make sure the rest is packaged up and put away. Get busy with something else.
    Another tip that I utilize everytime I cook (so I dont "taste" things while making them) is once you are done and satisfied, stick a piece of gum in your mouth. You will think twice about eating something else because the mint gum flavor doesnt go well with other foods and it will keep your mouth busy.
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this was posted already or not but if you freeze some bananas and blend them with some coconut milk or almond milk and add your favorite icecream flavors (blue berries, strawberries, peanut butter with dark chocolate chips, etc) it tastes just like icecream.