newbie here

Options
Hi my name is Julz I am 46 yrs old and have a weight issue.. (this sounds like i've been to an AA group lol) being overweight isn't funny though, it puts demands and unwanted pressures on my joints and false bits in my legs. It's making my asthma worse, and also given me the need to take painkillers again.

I am a dog walker so you'd expect me not to have a weight issue but due to health issues it's not that simple for me.

I am currently with a NHS weight management support group but with the meetings a month apart, I am seeking extra support needed before I give in to bariatric surgery, which I'd rather not do.

Replies

• MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    hi julz
    about 140lb to lose? you have come to the right place for support and encouragement. being a dog walker, the exercise coupled with a weightloss plan will help to see your pounds melt. add friends who will inspire, support and encourage you.
    Wishing you all the best for a healthier future :smile:
  • Julz1967C
    Julz1967C Posts: 11
    Options
    The 140lb is a guess.... I still work with stones, lol I have around 5st to lose... the sooner I lose most of it the better :)
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi Julz ... my name is Kaz and I also have quite a bit of weight to lose - lost a fair bit last year then had an accident and put all but 6lbs of it back on! However - made a fresh start now I can exercise again and am in in for the long run. Feel free to add me if you would like - I will offer support and some constructive advice if I think you could do with some, don't believe in just being a 'well done hun' type of friend ... so if you can cope with that - then add me :)
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much a stone is, Julz, but I think you can lose that on MFP a lot safer and happier than bariatric surgery. Kaz and Mr. Tez are great people to have on your side. Feel free to add me, too, if you like.
  • Julz1967C
    Julz1967C Posts: 11
    Options
    there's 13lbs to a stone...
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    5 stone. 14lbs x 5 = 70 lbs.., you will need to change your ticker then Julz as it shows nearly 140lbs.
  • lmb3171999
    lmb3171999 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Feel free to add me. I give a lot of motivation and support.