Any horse riders?

Options
I have been taking riding lessons since Feb this year and started to lose weight but was eating normal food, so i thought if i diet i could lose more. I have already lost 4lbs in the first week of proper dieting.

46070649.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• TNBelle35
    TNBelle35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Any activity around horses is excellent for getting in shape, even if you only ride occasionally. I bet you were very sore when you started but the more you do, the better it gets. I think riding english or huntseat or dressage are better workouts for your core especially to keep balance but also your back and legs and even your tush.

On top of that, try to swap chores like cleaning stalls or carrying hay or filling buckets for extra exercise and maybe discounts on your lessons. Just grooming the horse before and after a good ride can be hard work too. It all adds up and you get to enjoy amazing animals.
  • LouiseAJ84
    Options
    Yer it is great exercise, people dont realise how hard it is. I was very sore the first time i rode but not as sore now. Im starting to learn how to do jumps so that makes me sore.