Stay at home Mom, Looking for friends!! :)

Options
Hi All, I'm not really new, but I am finally getting serious! I am a mother of 3,39 years old, 5'5'', and :( 173lbs... Been logging everything and exercising daily. looking for friends with similar goals.. or just goals :)
I've lost 5lbs in a little over 2 weeks. and 20 pounds in about a year. Need some friends to help on my journey!!!!
I want to be around 150 by Sept. I walk and run. Have not started weights yet. Hopefully will join gym when schools starts back up.
My log should be open, if interested please friend request me! I'm on here all the time looking at message boards.. Thanks :wink:

Replies

• jaksmom060567
    jaksmom060567 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi perk. I am a mom of 3 also. 2 of mine are grown and 1 is 16. I am 45 5'8 and wish I was 173. I'll friend you.:smile:
  • elizabethpartridge33
    Options
    Hi, im a stay at home mom/ student. I am a mother of 3. I am 25 years old, 5'3 and 151lbs. I don't have many friends either.
  • Yarrowdays
    Yarrowdays Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey there :) I'm nowhere close to being a stay at home mother, but I also love to walk and run as my exercise, and I plan to join an gym and get into weights when I move. It'd be great to have another new friend.
  • perk325
    perk325 Posts: 9
    Options
    Sure, I'll add ya-all!
    My kids are 17,13,10
    :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You can be my friend. I'm literally a SAHM right now since I've grounded myself to my home until my dizzy spells are gone from neglecting my iron intake. Once I'm feelign better though, all bets are off, you can see me when you catch me because i never understood why they call it stay at home mom if I'm never hardly home? Good luck on your weight loss. see you on my newsfeeds, I hope! :flowerforyou:
  • meowmisu
    meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nina, just joined today and would love to be your friend! My weight has crept up to an all time high (even higher than I was in my ninth month of pregnancy with my now 2.5 year old :embarassed: ) I work full time and am challenged with eating healthy on the road, as I travel daily. I really struggle to lose weight and weight packs on to me so easily- I really need to buckle down and get serious!!
  • perk325
    perk325 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well, its only been about 3 months of not working... I've always worked. We had 2 local business, and with the economy we had to close one! So then I worked at the other with hubby, BAD move!! So now I am at home, with the kids, cleaning, cooking, and finally taking care of me! I've always taken them to and from school. So I am also a school bus. So this is great! now I have adults to talk with.. :)

I have never really eaten a lot, not a lot of sweets, IDK where all this *kitten* came from? LOL I weighed 136 when I got pregnant with first child, gained 30. kept 30. was 152 when I got pregnant again, gained 30. Kept 30. And was 182 With last pregnancy topped out at 196... I got huge each time. ALL BELLY! I came home after having first baby with a belly flap like on the movie "click" LOL

Oh and I am a smoker! I know, I Know... I quit with each pregnancy.. even quit for 2 years after 2nd baby... But I ran a 12 minute mile this morning!!! Yeah! Was happy last week with a 15 min Mile. and 28 min 2 miles.. So its getting better..
  • meowmisu
    meowmisu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 12 minute mile! I only gained 23 lbs with my pregnancy (was already overweight), came out of the hospital weighing less than I started and lost a few more with my new mom anxiety. Well, its all back plus about 20.... packed on when I quit smoking, which Ive picked up again but have not shed the weight. Awesome job there, quit smoking and gain weight all to go back to smoking and keep on the weight!

My problem is carbs, I can't eat them in moderation. So I'm going for a lower carb regime and seeing how I fare. It is difficult on weekdays because I am in my car travelling, so I have to pack a cooler with healthy foods. I just have to commit to waking an hour earlier in the morning to get everything ready without rushing and provide for some time to get some exercise time in before the little one wakes up.
  • zareeuh
    zareeuh Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey There! Im a SAHM too! I have two little girls, 3 and 9m. Im currently on a mission to loose all that unwanted baby belly fat. I started at 160 and Im now down to 137-135 (its been fluctuating a lot). Im also breastfeeding, so Im currently struggling with the amount of food I eat too. I do beachbody programs, run, and cycle.
  • dumasjl
    dumasjl Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there :) I am not a sahm but would love to be. I work full time and the stress of not liking my job and having a baby 10 months ago has made me gain and gain. I'm looking for friends and support. I want to be the very best mom and wife I can be, but I feel like my weight is getting in the way. I only have one baby, hoping for more in the future.