My motivation disappeared.

Options
Hi! I'm on day 18 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred but my motivation is shrinking fast. I keep telling myself I'm over the halfway mark but I just DON'T want to get up and workout anymore. Has anyone else hit a wall like this? How can I get back into working out and force myself to make exercise a habit? I don't want to quit at only two and half weeks!!

Replies

• WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! You have come too far and worked too hard to throw it all away. I have mornings when I wake up and think "Gahhh I don't want to workout today" but I play some good music and get off my *kitten* and before I know it i'm done, feeling accomplished and actually looking forward to the rest of the day/night!
    If that fails look at a pic of Tom Hardy ... always works for me LOL :flowerforyou:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't want to quit at only two and half weeks!!

Then don't..
  • Genesisluvsu
    Genesisluvsu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is the time to dig deep and grind. Motivation comes and goes with the wind, dedication keeps you for the long haul. Make a commitment to be consistant ( any means necessary to get to the 30 days) and you will come out on top. Pat your self on the back for the progress you have made now and will make in 30 days.

And have fun, after the 30 days find something that you love to do
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'd get bored doing the same exact work out every day for 18 days too.

change things up.
  • saduliss
    saduliss Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you all!! I'm going to put some motivating music on and make a workout calendar, I love checking the days off.

It's not that I'm bored Capt_Apollo, I love 30 Day Shred and the fact that you can feel yourself improving. I just feel drained all of a sudden.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! I'm going to put some motivating music on and make a workout calendar, I love checking the days off.

It's not that I'm bored Capt_Apollo, I love 30 Day Shred and the fact that you can feel yourself improving. I just feel drained all of a sudden.

eating?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I do a couple things to help keep myself going.

1. I half-*kitten* the workout. On days like this, it's the habit that's important, not the effectiveness.
    2. I pick my very favorite activity, and do that instead. Perhaps there was a day on 30DS that you liked the most? Do that instead of this day's.
    3. Like others have said, I put on my favorite music that gets me going.
    4. I reward myself (with a non-food item). For me right now, that's visiting the library to get a dvd or going to Goodwill. I don't have a lot of money, lol.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    the 30DS is 27 minutes long-- that includes warm up and cool down. It does get a little boring, but just push through it... it's such a small part of your day.

If you're truly exhausted, are you eating enough calories?
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I quit that same program about 3 weeks in also. LOL. she's mean! :)
  • saduliss
    saduliss Posts: 13
    Options
    To the concerns about eating, yes I am eating well! I meant mentally drained not physically. Though I may up my calories soon because I'm building more muscle.

Just hearing that other people have been here and managed to keep going has helped a lot! I needed a small push. Thanks everyone :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You need a workout that you love. If this isn't doing it for you, try something else. But don't stop!